Spyder Garage

Default Lessening the nanny "grip" on the F3

Does anyone know if there is any way to lessen the nannies "grip" on the F3-S? I came from the sport bike world, and can't ride sport bikes anymore for medical reasons. I really like my F3-S but just wish it was a little less governed by the nanny system.
    2015 Spyder F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nanny is there for a pretty good reason... you'll get used to what she does!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

There is no way I have found. The OS is very tightly controlled. Our only hope is that they make the software for the 2017's and newer that allows it to be controlled, available as an update to ours.... Yeah right! When pigs fly!!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that the 2017 setup only allows for shutting off the traction control.
    The test pilots that rode the test mules said that without the VSS system: it was about like trying to ride a lawn dart!

Extreme Jarts.jpg

Spyder Garage

The Nanny generally only cuts in if things are getting close to her tolerance limits - things like: too much throttle; too aggressive on the throttle; too much turn or steering angle for the speed you are travelling at; too much weight transfer to the outside for the speed you are travelling at; too much speed difference between any of the wheels; too much roll or yaw; etc; etc; etc! And if you get too much of more than one thing at a time, she really jumps on you!! But if you practice ryding smoothly & learn how far you can push her before you hit any of those 'too much' limits, she will stay in the background, just keeping an eye on things..... in case you accidentally over-cook it or need to take massive evasive action!

It really isn't all that hard to do, just takes saddle time & practice, lotsa saddle time & practice!! So just get out there & practice sneaking up on the limits, work out how far you can push her & what sets her off - until one day you'll realise that you've been pushing your Spyder well beyond what you could in the early days, but you've been doing it without any Nanny intervention simply because you've managed to work out (consciously or otherwise) how far she'll let you go on any one of those limits AND how far you can push them collectively!! Spyders are fantastic fun to ryde, and the Nanny is always there to make sure you don't overcook things that could cause problems; dangerous problems! But once you work out where & what those limits or triggers for intervention are & learn how to ryde avoiding them, you'll have a whole lot more fun, & scare the crap out of the two wheel riders who (used to) give you grief about ryding a 'mobility scooter' - with the Nanny's help, your Spyder can be the safest AND fastest Mobility Scooter they've ever seen - one that out corners & out brakes just about anything on two wheels!! But don't take my word for that, start practicing & find out for yourself!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

VERY well-put!!

Spyder Garage

And practice in an empty parking lot, it gets scarier when you are learning in traffic.