Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Powered Antenna for 2016 F3 Limited

BRP has given my dealer an option to install a powered antenna on my F3 Limited to fix the poor to non-existent radio reception. However, BRP does not offer a powered antenna in their parts catelog. Therefore my dealer and I have to source one.

Anyone have any experience with powered antennas and could recommend one that may work with the F3 Limited stereo and also compliment the look of my triple black F3?

Thanks all.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default POWERED ANTENNAE

( I know this isn't what you asked for ,but ) I looked into this antennae thing in regards to my RT, and did put in a fully retractable Auto antennae and my reception improved quite a bit. I looked at ones that were powered and decided quickly there wasn't enough room. Now my RT probably has a lot more room than your F-3, so I don't think you will be able to do it either .... However ....why does it have to be POWERED .... That function does nothing to make the antennae any better. My non-powered antennae needed 8.5 " below surface to fit, you can angle them. Look on E-bay or Crutchfield for what's out there......good luck ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I have tried 5 different power antennas claiming to be the best and not one improved the radio reception. I have found, for me, the stubby antenna worked the best. I put one on a friends RT as she just wanted the stock antenna gone as she never could us the radio, poor reception. Now her radio works great. BRP uses the same radio in the RT and F3T/Limited. Good luck to you and the dealer, keep us posted.
    SpYderman

Spyder Garage

I would love the answer to this myself. Dealer said BRP will pay for it. But, try finding one. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Google them....

Just did a automobile powered antenna search and they have them all. Electric, booster, hidden etc.. knowing which will take some time ...need to read the reviews...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Powered Antenna?

I assume that you may be looking for an antenna that has an amplifier to boost the signal to your radio? If so checkout an RV shop as most RVs and Recreational trailers have a separate amplifier from the stubby antennas to boost the signal, the amplifier is powered by the vehicle's 12VDC system and is small enough to tuck it away somewhere as they connect to the antenna & the radio via coaxial cables. This may solve your problem.