Spyder Garage

Default Handlebar question and exhaust question

Hello all,

Did some exhaustive searching and could not find the answers to two questions. First, has anyone put motorcycle handlebars on an RS? I was thinking some aluminum bars like off a dirt bike. I know the cover would not work and the key switch would need a custom mount fabricated. Second question is has anyone put a stainless glass pack on a modified exhaust tube? I see where there were some threads where people have discussed it but mainly I need to know what the stock pipe diameter is. I have seen 2.5 inch and 2.25 in diameter. My idea was to remove/ cut off the stock silencer and install a glass pack on the pipe. If anyone can confirm the pipe diameter that would be great. If anyone has done this I would like to see pics and even a sound clip would be great. I'm on a tight budget so gotta go with low budget mods. Thanks for any assistance. Bike is 2012 RS.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

There are a few easy options for the RS as far as Handlebars go ...... that have been tested and work ..... charting new territory can be difficult and expensive ....... best of luck........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    There are a few easy options for the RS as far as Handlebars go ...... that have been tested and work ..... charting new territory can be difficult and expensive ....... best of luck........ Mike
    AGREE WITH MIKE

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree...

it can be done, but as they said...as for the pipe....there are many custom DIY pipes you can check out. We have a member that modifies RS, RSS mufflers and some that build the whole thing. You can search here and check out you tube...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black