Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT limited Spyder Revers.

Here a while back I was having trouble getting spyder to go into reverse after riding it for a couple of hours, so I took it to the dealer and they said it was because the throttle was sticking and not idled down all the way, well I didn't buy that story but I went ahead and took the spyder home and yesterday I had the same problem, it only happens after the spyder is rode and warmed up, so its back to the shop after I ride it for a while and see if the problem occurs again and I'm riding it right to the shop.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SHIFTING TO REVERSE

Well you do have a Tach on your Spyder ...... What is it idling at ????? ...... It sounds reasonable to believe that if the Revs are above a certain limit the computer won't let it shift ...... I'm not very trusting of Dealers or their Techs, so I'm not taking their side in this .......Also make sure your Oil is at the proper level ....not under OR over ......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well you do have a Tach on your Spyder ...... What is it idling at ????? ...... It sounds reasonable to believe that if the Revs are above a certain limit the computer won't let it shift ...... I'm not very trusting of Dealers or their Techs, so I'm not taking their side in this .......Also make sure your Oil is at the proper level ....not under OR over ......... Mike

OK thanks.......

Spyder Garage

Gear Position Sensor possibly. The 15s had known issues with these and it caused all sorts of confusion for the computer in regards to letting the bike shift. The repair if it is gear position sensor is a warranty item, TSB, kind of non recall repair.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the Gear position sensor is acting up: you'll get codes, and the bike'll go into Limp Mode.
    Just acting under the assumption that the dealer MIGHT be right: have you checked to make sure that it moves freely, and returns to the idle position?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Reverse actuator, haven't been many failures. Like the gear position sensor can cause odd shifting problems. Dealers have hard time diagnosing reverse actuator failure.
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White, Mfg. date 1/28/2014
    BRP heated seat, BRP backrest, SpyderFlap, Tricled mirror turn signals, KOTT Grills, BRP adjustable side air vent, Bumpskid, Bajaron sway bar and heim links, Spyderpops belt guard, Tricled day lighters, Tricled fender LEDs, CD HMT running/brake LEDs