Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 SPYDERrt Limited Mirrors

DOES Anyone have an idea on how to keep mirrors secure other than the present three pin setup?
    My mirrors don't seem to stay very tight. I have replaced one of the top pin upper black pastic part on spyder in past but have difficult time trying to attach mirrors to keep them from seeming loose.

Spyder Garage

you know, there IS someone on here that uses somekind of standard hdwr. replacement, that really secures them.
    I can't remember who... also try the search engine here using RT Mirror good luck
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

There is a gentleman here in Australia that is modifying the mirrors with magnets.

Read this thread if it works.

http://www.ozspyderryders.com/index....ic,5238.0.html

Cheers

Frank

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Contact Mike (BLUEKNIGHT911): He can fix you up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RT mirrors/magnets

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    There is a gentleman here in Australia that is modifying the mirrors with magnets.

Read this thread if it works.

http://www.ozspyderryders.com/index....ic,5238.0.html

Cheers

Frank
    When I tried to look at this it says "it either missing or off limits to me"...Can you post something more specific??? THANK YOU, larryd

Spyder Garage

same problem. Unable to enter that sight no idea who this blueknight is either. Anyhow the mirrors sure have a crappy mounting system.

Spyder Garage

Mine rattle now that I have done an oil change. Any suggestions.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I used this fix on my 2010 RT Spyder and have done the same fix to my 2015 RT Mirrors

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...s-Loose-My-fix
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

This may sound like a pain in the mirror but take off th loose one(s) and examine the metal springs that hold them onto the studs. If they are the slightest bit bowed, remove and straighten them, rub them down with crocus cloth to remove any oxidization and reinstall. Then put just a tiny film of white lithium greast on the rounded portion, only the rounded portion, of the studs and put the mirrors. My right mirror had gotten a bit loose from multiple oil changes and the above solved the problem completely.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Try sending a message to Russ, his username is Merlot on the Ozspyderryders website forum @ www.ozspyderryders.com - altho you might also get him on their facebook page too, same names Heck, I'm sure he won't object to a phone call either!! Try calling him on +61 four eight eight 151 six four four, but please remember that when it's Noon here in South Aust (in the middle of the continent) it's 12:30 in our Eastern States (where he lives/works), & about 8:30 pm the evening before in Miami USA!

I'm currently running a prototype set of his replacement Magic Mirror Mounts & they are such a bloody simple concept it makes the BRP mounts look archaic!! These mounts are sooo easy to fit & yet work so fantastically well it's just not funny!! Once they are installed, your mirrors become a one hand removal & refit job, mine show NO vibrations at all, and yet they'll stay on regardless of how rough the road gets or how fast you might ryde!! One of mine has even survived a bird strike, simply flicking back as the bird hit, then snapping back into position immediately it was gone!! I don't want to steal his thunder so I'll leave it up to him to provide the details; altho I'm not sure that he's quite ready for retail sales yet, but you'll never know unless you ask!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-23-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Try sending a message to Russ, his username is Merlot on the Ozspyderryders website forum @ www.ozspyderryders.com - altho you might also get him on their facebook page too, same names Heck, I'm sure he won't object to a phone call either!! Try calling him on +61 four eight eight 151 six four four, but please remember that when it's Noon here in South Aust (in the middle of the continent) it's 12:30 in our Eastern States (where he lives/works), & about 8:30 pm the evening before in Miami USA!

I'm currently running a prototype set of his replacement Magic Mirror Mounts & they are such a bloody simple concept it makes the BRP mounts look archaic!! These mounts are sooo easy to fit & yet work so fantastically well it's just not funny!! Once they are installed, your mirrors become a one hand removal & refit job, mine show NO vibrations at all, and yet they'll stay on regardless of how rough the road gets or how fast you might ryde!! One of mine has even survived a bird strike, simply flicking back as the bird hit, then snapping back into position immediately it was gone!! I don't want to steal his thunder so I'll leave it up to him to provide the details; altho I'm not sure that he's quite ready for retail sales yet, but you'll never know unless you ask!!
    Do you have an email for him?
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    Do you have an email for him?
    Sorry, not where I can get it atm or for at least a few days - but he answered his phone today, & has been talking to others today on both the Oz Spyder Ryders Facebook page & on their website forum. If you message or ask on Facebook/that Forum, he may be able to give you his email address.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have any pictures of his mounts?

Spyder Garage

Not all that sure that they'll help much....

image.jpgimage.jpg

Basically, these Magic Mirror Mounts are simply strong magnets (albeit it took a few tries & a lot of testing to source magnets that worked as well as these do without making the cost prohibitive!) The 1st pic on the left is the 'pellet' replacement slugs fitted onto the LH mirror; the 2nd pic is looking down from the top at the top pin replacement for the RH mirror (the other pin replacements are very similar) taken just moments before the mirror clicked solidly into place (letting the bottom grab first means that you can watch how & where the whole thing is going to sit & make sure that no cables are caught up plus that everything is all in the right spot)

It takes about 20 mins total to swap out the OE BRP pin & pellet mounts for both mirrors (3 pellet replacement slugs on each mirror, 3 pin replacements on the body for each side) on the RT & once fitted, they hold the mirrors on solidly with absolutely no vibrations from the mounts, there's no movement at all in the mirror units unless you want them to move. And when you do want them to move, once you know how it's done it can be a one handed removal &/or refit (all the testers have enjoyed just clicking them on & off, it's such an easy & satisfying thing to do! ) There's no banging or thumping of anything to get them on or off, & once they are on they will just stay firmly on until you want to remove them next time!! I've even pulled the mirrors back until the glass is almost parallel to the direction of travel while ryding along the road at about 50mph & when I let the mirror go, because the body & mirror components of the top & bottom rear mounts were still touching, the mirror just snapped back into its proper position. And I mentioned the bird strike earlier, the mirror took the hit & flicked back under the impact before snapping forwards & back into position once the bird was gone!

Bloody brilliant things, a simple concept that's a really effective solution & execution; not a massively expensive replacement cost for the OE mounts (especially when you consider it's a 'once off cost' & hey, if you want, you can even return those mirrors to the OE system & take the Magic Mirror Mounts on to fit your next RT or F3-T or Ltd with the same style mirror mounting system!!) but they are definitely a far more effective way of holding the mirrors & allowing safe & easy removal & re-fitting, and IMO they are all around a far better mirror mount for anything that uses the BRP pin & pellet style mounting system!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-23-2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Magic not Majic....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Not all that sure that they'll help much....

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Very creative design and eliminates the "wobbles" of a stock mirror mount. The magnets on posts ensure alignment and prevent slippage. Very smart setup.

If we ran stock mirrors on our RTs, I would have these in the mail immediately.

The guys in Australia have some cool products. NoBoot with his stellar windshield support that is made from billet for a killer price, and now these.

Good job guys.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

If you are planning to keep the oem mirrors, I would order early, sine these will sell out quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hint, Hint Bob D

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup!

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like a product that Lamonster should be stocking...

Hey Lamonster - any chance you can look into carrying these?
    2014 Pearl White Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2011 Viper Red Can-Am Spyder RT-S (SOLD)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Put me on the list, I'd buy a set. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

These sound pretty neat, and I hope that it gives everybody a solution to the ongoing mirror complaints.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by merlot View Post
    This is a crude vid I shot
    it was really early days in development so mounts are a lot diff now but still gives some idea of concept

you tube. Magic mirrors Russell culley

thanks. Russ

Very impressive, I would purchase them if they were available
    Maybe Lamonster could find out from Lamonster Downunder
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Wowwwww !!!

I absolutely want a set !
    Silver RT Limited SE5 2013

BAJARON Anti-Sway Bar, BAJARON Heim Joints, SPYDERPOPS Bumpskid, SMOOTHSPYDER Belt Tensioner, SENA SM10 Dongle, CORBIN Passenger Armrest w. cupholder, UTOPIA Driver Backrest, SPYDERFLAP Mud Flap, STEBEL Nautilus Air Horn, TRICLED Rear Top LED Bar, TRICLED, 3rd & 4th Brake LED, TRICLED Mirror Turn Signal, TRICLED Tricfenderz LED Strip, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Front Mud Flap LED, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Amber Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Red Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Fender Tips ...

Spyder Garage

well isn't that special
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I've pulled my mirrors off and put them back on more times than I wished trying to find a squeek. Count me in,
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020