Thread: SUMMER BUMMER

Spyder Garage

Default SUMMER BUMMER

The upcoming riding season is looking like it's going to be pretty short for me, if nonexistent. In two weeks, I am having my left hip replaced. After I recover from that, I need to have a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder repaired (I had the right one done three years ago). After I recover from that, I need to have my right hip replaced - although I may be able to put that off until next winter - I hope. Depends on the pain level. So, my request is for all of you to ride more than usual this coming spring, summer, and fall, and post about your rides so that I may enjoy them vicariously, as if I were actually riding. Thanks, and maybe ​I will see some of you on the road next fall.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But on the BRIGHT side: none of us will be able to keep up with you in 2018!
    Heal quickly and completely; good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sad news...

's and wishing you all the best through this. Heal fast and heal well and soon enough you will be hard to keep up with...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Oh man Dwight,

When it rains...it pours. Take care and don't push it. You will be back up to snuff in no time and hopefully, we will see you at Spyderquest!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Oh man Dwight,

When it rains...it pours. Take care and don't push it. You will be back up to snuff in no time and hopefully, we will see you at Spyderquest!!
    Thanks guys. No Spyderquest this year for us, Val wants a family get together (us & our two kids & their spouses) at the beach in Rehoboth Beach Delaware in July. That and Val's mom - who lives with us - has a panic attack anytime we want to go away, especially for more than just an overnight. You have no idea how tiring it is to listen to her b***h & moan. Takes most of the fun out of any trip that we take.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Heal fully------ then----- " Live long and prosper"
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Heal quickly. Any thought of both hip replacements at the same time. Every time I work with a patient that has both hips or knees done at the same time, I think, good on them. I ask them why they had both done, and they say to get it over with; that's followed with, they'd never do it gain. Of course, they say that right after surgery.
    Last edited by wyliec; 01-20-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hope all goes well for you. It is a big downer when you can't ride. Hopefully you will turn for the good quickly. Our thoughts and will be out there for you.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-20-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hips are no big deal. you'll be walking upstairs the next day (that was a condition of going home, that and pooping). You have to be real careful about twisting, bending and lifting it until the incision heals. Depends a lot on whether you have a posterior or anterior type surgery. I had one done in 2006, went back to work in 3 weeks. Good Luck!
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Default Recovery is a state of mind,

You will be back up in no time, I do understand how one may feel, I had major back surgery and had to give up riding two wheelers. After 18 months my wife and I could not take it any more and I got the Rt, I went through a bout of depression sitting home that summer, Being able to ride the RT was a blessing so you don't sweat it because you will be back and in better shape. you may even run a marathon.

Spyder Garage

Default Summer Bummer

WOW that's a lot of cutting and healing. My wishes for all to be well and that pesky shoulder to heal quickly and well. Hear say only the hips will be the easy ones to rehab. Shoulders normally take most of a year. Here's to you breezing through all this. Will keep you in my good thoughts folder!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your kind words and support. My family and I greatly appreciate it. I know that the hip will heal faster than the shoulder. When I had my right shoulder done in 2013, it did take a full year for me to get back to 100%, so I know what to expect from that. Of course, as soon as I was out of the sling and could drive, I was riding the Spyder to rehab 3 days a week. Sure beats riding in a cage.

Spyder Garage

Default Request received......

And I willing comply and add a couple thousand miles for you.... BUT in the meantime..I'll wing up a couple prayers and keep them going...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Saying a few prayers for your quick and complete recovery.

SWMBO had her right hip replaced about 4 weeks after she bought her RT. She was able to sit on it at 4 weeks post op but didn't feel comfort until about the 8 week mark. She was able to ride at about the 12 week mark. From what she said, the pain killers made it so she could get onto the spyder but she knew better than to attempt a ride. Once she got the drugs out of her system, she was good to go. As others have said, take your time.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Spyder Garage

Healing is a personal thing. Different people are going to heal differently. Do what you have to do for YOU. You will get back to normal eventually.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Dwight,
    Sending to you for a speedy recovery. Before you know it you will be back riding again.

I will put some miles on my spyder for you/ and Val. Also I will post where I have ridden, and post pictures. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Deb and I will have to do a ride over there this summer to say Hi.

It's not that far and would make for a nice long weekend. Maybe, we can do diner or something at a restaurant near you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Deb and I will have to do a ride over there this summer to say Hi.

It's not that far and would make for a nice long weekend. Maybe, we can do diner or something at a restaurant near you.
    That would be really great, we would love to see you guys. We have a guest room with it's own bath to put you in. Just today, I got the date for the hip replacement, February 15th. I have to attend a joint replacement seminar at the hospital prior to the surgery, as well as getting prior clearance from my Primary Care Doc & Cardiologist. I have been making LOTS of phone calls to get this all in place. At this point, walking - and going up/down stairs is really painful, and getting worse. But at least now I have the date, so I'll just suck it up for awhile longer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on getting the timeline nailed into place.
    This is about the best time of the year, to be stuck inside anyway!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black