Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Parts information and availability

It just seems nuts to me that I walk into two different dealers and neither parts department knows what the parts are that I need! Really?

They em will sit there on the computer looking at screens, I point to the part and they don't know how to get it.

Ok, maybe as usual many of you can help, maybe even send me to a dealer that can sell me these SIMPLE parts.

There are black push pins that are used for holding body parts on, how can I get about a dozen of them?

Also there are many black screws that hold the body parts on, in two sizes and black washers as well, how can I get them?

This just seems ridiculous to me.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you think of the parts counter as being manned by mechanics who couldn't make it: you might be more right, than wrong!

Those push-pins are pretty easy to find in other places. I got a package from EBay a couple of years ago. If my memory serves me correctly; Honda uses the same type of fastener. (But check this info out!)
    Nuts, bolts, and screws? Just go to the best Hardware store that you can find, with the pieces in question in your pocket. Match them up to what the store stocks.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Having been a motorcycle parts guy many years ago, it became obvious some want to work and some can't be bothered or are too lazy to look into it.

The parts manuals from Can Am are a bit cumbersome and unfortunately are not consistent in format from year to year.

As I see it, you have two options for oem the parts you are asking about. First easy option is to go to a better quality dealer such as Central Florida Powersports or Pitbull. Explain the them what you need and they should have no issues locating, ordering if needed and sending to you.

A second option is to research the part numbers yourself. On the home page of Spyderlovers is a link to the BRP parts. You pretty much find your year and model, then use the same parts diagrams the local dealer may be using. Write down your part number and MSRP, take it to the local dealer and order or go with a discount mail order place.

As for the plastic push pins, if you take one with you, many auto parts stores have packs of those pins or very similar that accomplish the same task.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I found them!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYDE...JToGTg&vxp=mtr

I found this link on EBay for you...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYDE...JToGTg&vxp=mtr

I found this link on EBay for you...
    Good price and free shipping

Spyder Garage

Call Spyderpops, 501 627*-4008 he will sell you as many or few as you need and will ship them today

Cruzr Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    It just seems nuts to me that I walk into two different dealers and neither parts department knows what the parts are that I need! Really?

They em will sit there on the computer looking at screens, I point to the part and they don't know how to get it.

Ok, maybe as usual many of you can help, maybe even send me to a dealer that can sell me these SIMPLE parts.

There are black push pins that are used for holding body parts on, how can I get about a dozen of them?

Also there are many black screws that hold the body parts on, in two sizes and black washers as well, how can I get them?

Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

NAPA has them. Also, I would think that any auto parts store or body shop would have them.

Spyder Garage

Default parts

The washers come in two shapes, oval and round. I just got some from Rob's performance (one of our sponsors). Call 920-699-3288 and ask for Steve. Tell him my name and that you need the same rubber grommets he sent me.
    Good Luck
    Seth

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

as suggested above I bought mine off ebay and got a whole bag.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400665450666...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If anybody needs some: PM me with your mailing address, and I'll throw a couple in the mail...

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

I use cheapcycleparts.com for all the oem parts...as for the push pin fastners and screws and nuts and bolts Home Depot or autoparts stores. most dealers stock only fast moving parts others are all special order. outfits like cheapcycleparts stock it all cause that is their business...parts.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Got mine from Spyderpops!!!!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I go to Cheapcycleparts.com, look at the part that I want, get the number of the part, and either order from them, or take the part number to the dealer and tell them "this is the number for the part I need"
    Works quite well.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/c/can_am/parts

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post

Joe
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looking up parts is much easier on cheapcycleparts.com than it is on the BRP parts page.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I went to Malcom Motorsport and asked about a belt tensioner for the vibrations at 65 mph. Didn't know what I was talking about. Supposed to be a gold dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk