Spyder Garage

Default U CLEAR - Amp Series Communicators

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has purchased or is using any of the new U-Clear communicators of the new AMP series and what do you think of them especially in a large group intercom situation? Thanks and safe riding.
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikerbiker645 View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone has purchased or is using any of the new U-Clear communicators of the new AMP series and what do you think of them especially in a large group intercom situation? Thanks and safe riding.
    I bought the U-Clear and could not get them to work correctly. Idea was good but just didn't work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can Am Spyder F3-S SE6
    2015 F3 , Gray/Black/Orange

Spyder Garage

Aracrash, What model?
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

Spyder Garage

I have the older 100 series Uclear headsets and absolutely love them. I don't use them for group comms so I cant say how the new ones work but for music, phone, and intercom they work great. the only issue I have with them is that when my co-rider wants to talk she insists on leaning forward so that my mic is picking her up causing feedback. I love the lack of a boom mic.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just installed the UCLEAR HDC 200D dual pack on my helmet and the wife's helmet.
    First shakedown cruise last Sunday. Worked pretty well with our modulars.
    No experience with group rides yet. Maybe soon however.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I bought the Uclear amp plus dual. I was supposed to take a trip up the PCH and try it out but life got in the way. I got it on the helmet and made it work but thats as far as I got. I ran into a small glitch getting it to work but called them and they straightened me right out. Hoping to take off on a trip with a buddy in the next few weeks. So maybe I'll have a better report then. Not much help yet.
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

I'm the same as Morturf, Triker. I recently received an Amp Pro and just installed it. I have set it up to pair with my iPhone as well as my Garmin. I couldn't run my iPhone through my Garmin to my Amp as I did with my Sena, as I got a lot of interference and the music was a little distorted, but it's no biggie having them separate. I don't like boom mikes. The GPS instructions override the music, and the music clarity on the Pro is the best I have heard from any comms gear. Mind you, the Pro is also the premium Uclear product and has the high fi speakers and relative pricing, so you'd expect it to be pretty good. Music volume, play and pause, skip etc is easily controllable by the 3 buttons on the Pro. The speakers in the top of the helmet are very clear, once installed exactly to spec, although I only got up to around 60mph on my trial run. I'm running it in a Shoei J-Cruise.

I'm not going to be able to help with the multiple rider comms as I no one carries them out here and I had to get them from Revzilla. Besides, I'm a lone rider whenever possible anyway.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red