Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up thinking about attending my first spyderfest?

I was thinking about going to my first spyderfest,my brother was thinking about going too but he rides a Harley Davidson. I was just wondering how he would be accepted with so many spyderyders .I would like to know what you all think? thanks everybody.

Spyder Garage

Default thinking about attending my first spyderfest?

That Harley will be accepted just fine! I went to a National Honda Goldwing rally last year with my Spyder and was accepted with no problem. We also plan on going to our
    first Spyderfest in Springfield, MO. Have paid for registration so far get to receive free shirts for being one of the first 500 to register.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've never been to a Spyder rally either. I have a RT-S and also a Road King. But it makes no difference what one rides. a lot of "brand snobs" out there but I don't think that goes on around here much in the Spyder world.

Spyder Garage

We ride what we like. I don't frown on any
    other bikers that enjoy the fresh air like us Spyder riders!!!

Spyder Garage

everybody is welcome there. no problems
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

which cycle feast were you thinking of ? { a long ride or close } ?

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Rookie

Well, I will be attending my first MC rally, Spyderfest, God willing! I don't know what to expect but it is a big step for me. I registered weeks ago, I reserved a room at the Lamplighters for the duration of the event, the lady at the desk was more excited about me attending than I am, it was funny.

i never went to an MC rally, never went to Spyderfest, never did an overnighter on anything less than four wheels, this should be an experience for this "old man".

I hope that at some point along the way from NE Ohio I can meet up with someone with experience to ride wingman with.

Anyone know of a good waterproof bag to strap to the passenger seat of an RT? How about rain Gear and boots?

Nervous about the trip,
    Joe
    Last edited by Buckeye Bleau; 01-16-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post

How about rain Gear and boots?

nervous about the trip,
    Joe
    There's no need to be nervous about the trip to Springfield... as long as you're prepared! Look at it as an adventure.

You'll want a set of rain gear. Look at Frogg Toggs (their motorcycle specific sets) and you can find them on line. Not only do they keep you dry, they'll keep you toasty warm when it's cool out. Always keep them on board.

Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't leave home without it."? They were talking about rain gear on your spyder. Make room for it and always have it. It's money well spent. You can get a set for less than $150.00.

You're about 750 miles from Springfield and that can be a very long day. I'd say take two days to make the trip. When my wife and I travel, we go until we're tired and then look for a clean place to sleep. We try to park our spyders under the lobby canopy and put our travel covers on. We've never had a problem. We get up in the morning and do it all over. You'll be just fine.

Good luck.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wait, Springfield?
    Isn't that the hometown of Homer Simpson?
    I kid! As far as bags go, check out SealLine bags. All kinds of colors & sizes. We used in my military unit. Mucho waterproof!
    Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default WARERPROOF BAG

Joe, check out the First Gear Torrent Duffel bags. They are 100% waterproof and come in 3 sizes; 25L, 40L, and 70L. I have the 25L and can stuff a lot of gear in there. If you have never been to Spyderfest it will be a great experience. Just bring a lot of money for Farkles!😄
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's all about sharing the road... your buddy will always be welcome!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon, a Spyderlovers sponsor

Well, I will be attending my first MC rally, Spyderfest, God willing! I don't know what to expect but it is a big step for me. I registered weeks ago, I reserved a room at the Lamplighters for the duration of the event, the lady at the desk was more excited about me attending than I am, it was funny.

i never went to an MC rally, never went to Spyderfest, never did an overnighter on anything less than four wheels, this should be an experience for this "old man".

I hope that at some point along the way from NE Ohio I can meet up with someone with experience to ride wingman with.

Anyone know of a good waterproof bag to strap to the passenger seat of an RT? How about rain Gear and boots?

Nervous about the trip,
    Joe
    Ron will have everything you mentioned. High quality, good pricing, excellent customer service. I've used a Sea to Summit dry bag for 100k+ miles never a damp item and been in some heavy, day after day raining rydes. Since getting a trailer I have a 100% WATERPROOF first gear duffel from Ron.
    You will luv Spyderfest if you like people. If you aren't a people person well.....experiencing a heat way. 17 degrees!!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have never met a Spyder ryder who's a brand snob. We're too busy having fun and enjoying the fellowship to be snooty to anyone!

BTW I have a couple of Givi dry bags I'd sell. PM me if you're interested.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Life is too short to worry about what someone else rides!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Life is too short to worry about what someone else rides!

bae09559170fba915a869197ef0e7951.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

One thing I would suggest ......................... when you arrive, don't be shy, there will be many other new folks there, just join in.

It truly is a great experience and we have folks with all types of rides involved.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it...

No spyder ralley or gathering is closed to spyders only....let's face it when we started they were the only others out there and for the most part accepting of the spyder. At worst we had to ryde in the back...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Spyder Fest in SPRINGFIELD, MO i can hardly wait. Been riding GOLDWINGS At least 500k miles all over country to rallies wherever i decided to find some backroads. SPYDER FEST SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME. I SIGNED UP A FEW WEEKS AGO FOR THE FREE SHIRT they give to first 500 people that sign up. Wait no longer!!!!

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2loves View Post
    Spyder Fest in SPRINGFIELD, MO i can hardly wait. Been riding GOLDWINGS At least 500k miles all over country to rallies wherever i decided to find some backroads. SPYDER FEST SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME. I SIGNED UP A FEW WEEKS AGO FOR THE FREE SHIRT they give to first 500 people that sign up. Wait no longer!!!!
    Don't think they have free shirts - in the past had free sweatshirt/hoody's - but all is available for purchase.

I for one like to see other bikes and riders - I remember last year there were a couple of really nice looking Indian bikes. Plus other three wheel trikes, etc..

Most all Spyder owners came from the "Two Wheel" world - and I have never seen any issues with other brand bikes at Spyderfest. Think we may have some couples that have a trike for one - 2 wheel for the other.

Lamplighter. Make sure you register at Lamplighter NORTH --- since there are two Lamplighter motels on the same road in Springfield.

Beside what goes on during the daytime, you will want to visit each motel that is a Host Motel in the evening and enjoy the festivities that go on.

There are 4 of us that attend each year -- when we leave on Sunday morning to return home, we are already plotting the next years rally.

You will all enjoy your time in Springfield - the MO Gang works very hard every year to insure a great Rally. They would like some help in obtaining nice weather, if there is anyone up to the challenge.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

thanks for easing my mind everybody,sounds like a great time.probably do some camping.looking forward to spyderfest 2017.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest newbie

Nervous about the trip,

Joe
    This will get you a good Drybag for your gear:

http://www.aerostich.com/bags/seat-b...-bags/dry-bags

And these will keep your hands warm and dry:

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/ra...it-covers.html

See Baja Ron and he can get you a good deal on these:
    http://firstgear-usa.com/mens-gear/b...-lo-boots.html

Now as far as rain gear, depends on what you want to spend. Frog togs come in at starting price, or you can go top of the line with Aerostich's or First gear's upper end jackets and pants.
    Just depends on how much you want to be assured of staying dry in an all day rain.

Baja Ron can get you some great prices on the first gear stuff, it is what I use.

Check with Ann Meyer about her and Joe's recommendations. Always pays to talk with high mileage riders about what they use; because they don't travel wet!!!

Might not be the least costly up front but if you spread the cost over 10-15 years of expected service then the upper end gear is really the better investment! JMO FWIW

And I would like to have you as a "wingman" for the trip. Have sent you a PM.

Al in Kazoo
    Last edited by IGETAROUND; 01-16-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quasi mentioned "brand snobs" and oh yeah they are out there. Funny, I've been riding over 50 years and had Harley's here and there for 40. That's where the most "brand snobs" are. I have never yet met one who knew jack $#!+ about what they were spewing.

I'm pretty freakin' old school but enjoy my Vespa as much as my Harley or Can Am. And I would ride anyone of them wherever I wanted. Bring your Bro along.

Spyder Garage

Spyder fest is always fun, and your Harley friend is welcome, everyone is very friendly, wife and I have enjoyed our Ryde up and back, and our stay is always very pleasant, and you'll be amazed ,all the friendly folks you' ll meet ......come on out and enjoy....
    " My Serenity "......2017 Spyder F3T....Silver Gray in color,Red dragon on Celtic cross on frunk,Blade wheels,Spyderpops bumpskid,LED headlights and foglights,Lamonster heim joints,Lamonster powerpoint,F3 Spyder cuff, Lidlocks helmet lock,Lamonster air pack,Ron-jon sway bar,Sara Clark painted thin blue line and Sheriffs badge, Spyderpops LED strobe brake and rear turn signal lights, Lamonster gas cap, bluetooth.
    2017 F3T , silver

Spyder Garage

Have not yet met a brand snob. Am guessing you will be okay at the Fest.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

All welcome, 2 wheel three
    Homer Hill