Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Tag-along Trailer

The Tag-along trailer that Harbor Freight sells is marked down to $230.00 right now.

Spyder Garage

Default BUY IT NOW!!!!!!

I bought one of these to take to Spyder Fest last year. I paid $325 for it. Loaded it pulled from Dallas to Springfield without any problems what so ever. Bike (2015 RT Ltd) pulled it without wheezing.

It is not fancy and it meets the criteria of not leaking, carrying a lot of stuff and most of all it does not cost over $1000.00.

Good Luck.

Bob W.
    2015 RT Ltd SE6
    Intense Red
    BaJa Ron Torsion Bar
    BaJa Ron Shock Adjusters
    Premium Driver Seat Back Rest
    Diamond R Spyder Armrests and cup holders
    Wheel Aligment Squared Away
    Trailer Hitch Value Accessories
    Harbor Freight trailer black
    Stebel Nautilus Compact Mini Black
    139 decibel air horn
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

Have seen several dressed up and still under cost of others. for the info.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I don't believe they come with a title. So you will have the paper work
    and photos by the State you live in to get it titled.
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    They do indeed come with a title. Be sure the numbers all agree when you take possession.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    If it has to be titled! I was surprised when I moved from Louisiana to Idaho and brought my 5 x 10 utility trailer. Went to get title and registration taken care of and lo and behold found out Idaho doesn't title trailers under 10,000 GVW. So now I have a trailer with a Louisiana title and Idaho registration! And no title at all on my little homemade motorcycle trailer!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Has somebody got a pic they can upload?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RedRTS View Post
    Has somebody got a pic they can upload?

U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

I got one used (it was unused so really new) on Craigs list last year for $150.

Bob

Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Tag Along Trailer

Sure now three years after we have purchased our Tag Along Harbor Freight has it! Regarding the paperwork for the title, yes it has what is needed! Although, my baby and I paid $525.00 from a wholesale/retail operation it has been worth every penny. With a max cargo weight of around 325 (and we didn't get close either) we loaded our trailer up for a week in Florida. The benefits that I have over the HF trailer is I have both a spare tire under the body as well as a welded metal frame on the tongue designed for a medium cooler, The final the we received was a leg for the tongue. The cooler also serves as a nice counter balance! What the HF trailer has we don't hydraulic lifts on the top as well as reinforced hinges. I have already upgraded to hydraulic top lifts but will go to the reinforced hinges - matching paint job coming up next.

Just my input!

Michael & Debbie
    2014 RT with Baby Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Well I just bought one!

Just got back from Harbor Freight a couple of hours ago. Tag-along is 95% assembled. Had to speak with the manager about the price. From yesterday it went back up to I think it was $349.00. I printed off the webpage from yesterday and they honored it. I love Harbor Freight!

Spyder Garage

My Tag a Long had Scotch Locks for the splices on the wiring. I had to go through it and solder and heat shrink all of them to get rid of the shorts to ground. Also changed over to LED lights and 12 inch wheels. I've been using it for 5 years now, works great!

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    They do indeed come with a title. Be sure the numbers all agree when you take possession.

thehawk

Mine came with Title too.

Spyder Garage

Default price increase

Quote Originally Posted by acpd22 View Post
    Just got back from Harbor Freight a couple of hours ago. Tag-along is 95% assembled. Had to speak with the manager about the price. From yesterday it went back up to I think it was $349.00. I printed off the webpage from yesterday and they honored it. I love Harbor Freight!
    Dont guess you have a way to pdf that web page and send it to me, huh? I want to go down and see if I have any luck. (I actually saw the ad for 230 but wasn't smart enough to print off a copy.....
    It was most likely a mistake for the ad to be 230... wasnt there for long... but boy what a deal! Funny how someone with a 20k+ bike can justify $230 but not $349.... (smile)

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default Few more questions on the HF Trailer......

Okay now that I have waited a few days and the little trailer has gone back up to a whopping $349 at Harbor Freight (its funny how its easy to justify $230 but have to ask questions before spending $349.... and you drive a three wheeeled vehicle that costs over 20k!... {smile}...)

Questions.
    1. Those that own one... would you do it again.. or how long have you owned it?
    2. Have you compared how it pulls with others that may have the Freedom or 622 trailer? (Im new to spyders and haven't had a chance to poll users... owned a Goldwing with both a home made trailer and an Escapade trailer)
    3. Is it pretty waterproof? I know it says it is.. but well... the seam is in about the middle... (although my home made trailer for my GW was made out of a car top carrier which looked a lot like this... was pretty waterproof)
    4. Did you leave the little 8" tires on it or upgrade to the 12" ones? Did that change the characteristics of the pull or just give you peace of mind? If upgraded, did they fit with the supplied fenders?
    5. Any drawbacks or nit-pics.... (yes I realize its a $350 trailer... this should not even be a question here... but hey... gotta save money for other farkles.... )

Thanks!!!! I appreciate it.
    I want to go down to HF and at least check that the $349 is a going price and wont go up more so I'd appreciate any quick answers on the above. Gotta get something to go to Spyderfest this year.. don't think I can make it a week on the bike without more room. Been looking at getting a Freedom trailer but man... that's a lot of money! Over $500 just for the hitch is a lot too!

Spyder Garage

We had a tag-along that we had used behind a Gold Wing. Worked great but when we moved from the Wing to the Spyder, we sold the trailer to some friends. They and other friends have been all over the country with the trailer.

Some things I did to it right as soon as I got it home:

1. Remove the wheel hubs and clean out what ever is in there that the makers in China call grease. Fill them backup with some quality grease.
    2. I did not rely on the scotch locks for the wiring connections. Solder and heat shrink tube on them.
    3. Replace the 4 bolts that attach the clam shell to the trailer frame with 4 eye bolts. The eyes being on the inside of the trailer. Then put in a bungee net inside using the eyes at the attach points. Helps hold stuff down.

--Allen

Spyder Garage

Default Tag-along trailer

REDRTS, It wasn't a mistake, they had a 3 day "blow out" clearance type store sale for a lot of things according to the manager I spoke with He said things were marked down more each day. Said Thursday trailer was reg price $359.00, Friday $324, Saturday was $288, Sunday was $231......a great price. Monday was back to $359 at our store. It was limited to in store stock only and no coupons could be used. OF course I just bought a used one a few weeks earlier from a private individual.....oh well. Safe Riding!

PS, I still have the ad I printed off showing it at $230.98....unfortunately I didn't save it on the computer after i printed it so I'd have to figure out how to scan it and send it if your interested in trying to see if they would honor it.
    Last edited by trikerbiker645; 01-17-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have on pulled it to Spyder Fest twice to the Black Hills twice and Durango all from Castle Rock CO No worries was very ease to get titled and plates enjoy the ride jtpollock

edit!! be sure you look at all electrical connection some are lose or open ends. repack the bearings you'll never have any problems.
    Last edited by jtpollock; 01-17-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    I have on pulled it to Spyder Fest twice to the Black Hills twice and Durango all from Castle Rock CO No worries was very ease to get titled and plates enjoy the ride jtpollock
    Did u get an adapter to convert from the spyder connector to the flat four or how did do that.... assuming u use the can-am hitch.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RedRTS View Post
    Did u get an adapter to convert from the spyder connector to the flat four or how did do that.... assuming u use the can-am hitch.

I did and I have a post here some where than shows the wiring and parts I will look and see if I can find it PM me and I will send you my parts list and wiring. jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Love mine, used it yesterday to haul some stuff. I made a few mods to mine too.

Dingy & Tag-Along (Medium).jpg
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

here is the location of my post from 3/05/2013 WIRING RS to HARBOR FREIGHT TRAILER jtpollock

Spyder Garage

What is MOST advantageous about the HF trailer is that the total cost is less than the first year depreciation on the Can Am trailer I bought last fall...

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like they are clearanced now

Just bought mine on Saturday 2/4 and assembled it tonight. Happened to look at the display and the tags are marked Clearance - $299.00. Didn't want to put it off any longer and miss out (although they may be coming out with something to replace it.)

This was mostly assembled, took me about 2 hours to finish the assembly, but I wasn't in a hurry, could be done quicker. Planning to repack the bearings and install the bearing kit that keeps them greased. Will switch the lights out for LED's, and may upgrade the tires to something larger. The speed rating on the supplied 8" tires is 81 MPH.

I have the BRP hitch and the square 4 pin connector. Will be building a square 4 pin to flat 4 pin bridge, should be fairly simple to do. Don't remember if the bike side is male or female, but found both here: https://www.waytekwire.com/item/3716...ded-Connector/ ; https://www.waytekwire.com/item/3715...ded-Connector/. $1.50 for that square 4 pin is pretty reasonable.

Ready for the longer road trips now. Safe travels to all.
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Mods!

Well the tail lights that came with the Tag-along are gone. Replaced with LED's on custom made brackets. They are the low profile type. Pretty impressed with how bright they are. Haven't gotten around to figuring out why the marker lights don't work. If I had to guess it is the ground.