Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a demo

Spyder Garage

Default Demo bike got ext warranty

Purchased 2016 RTS demo last spring got original 2yr plus 1yr special being offered at the time. Was told by dealer that
    I can purchase extended warranty any time before the original 3yr runs out. We will see. Good luck on your decision.
    We have had no regrets. Bob
    900 Ryker Wifes

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the feedback

I appreciate all the great advise. I am dealing with one of the site sponsors, Imotorsports, so I am hoping they are being up front. Unless they discount deeper I will not be getting this one and will go with the new model. They have a great reputation and a lot of the members on the board have dealt with them otherwise I wouldn't even consider buying it from them. I will also be expecting an extended warranty and the first service done. This is always a great place for info and advise. Thanks everyone.
    NEW 2016 RT-S Special Series Triple Black - ready for new toys to add
    OLD 2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metalic CB-Navigation-XM, Sway bar, Ultimate Tallboy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with your negotiations, and we hope to be seeing pictures of you and your new bike soon!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Like Buzzard said, this is a used trike. How does a demo even get 5000 miles put on it? And how many trial riders were revving at much higher RPMs than you're supposed to with a new engine?

But, more to the point, I got a brand new 2015 RT-S in early 2016 for $6000 off retail, plus an extra year on the warranty. There were several units available for that kind of markdown, so, at least in my neck of the woods, a $3K discount on a used machine wouldn't be attractive.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

I bought my Spyder in 2012. It was a 2011 demo. My warranty started the day I purchased the.Spyder. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    Purchased 2016 RTS demo last spring got original 2yr plus 1yr special being offered at the time. Was told by dealer that
    I can purchase extended warranty any time before the original 3yr runs out. We will see. Good luck on your decision.
    We have had no regrets. Bob
    If you want to extend your warranty you have to do it before the original 2 year factory runs out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Dealers can buy a demo unit at either 10% or 15% discount off their typical cost.

Think about that.

Now do you think he is offering you a good deal?
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER