Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Shad Can Am bags installed

Today I picked up some Can-am Shad bags at my dealer and put them on. Seemed like a good project for a 12 degree day. The install itself was pretty straightforward. Hardest part was drilling the Tupperware! It's just so final! Getting the things to line up because of the Smoothspyder backrest was a little goofy because of the way the mounts for the boxes have to be set up with the Smoothspyder setup. Once I got over my trepidation about how close the latch and the passenger handles were and how hard to push to get it to connect, all was good! I think I'm gonna really like these.
    I think this addition makes the back look really wide and might need some extra reflectoring tape or light farkles
    Here's some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Shad bags.

Your installation is perfect.
    The bags look great.
    Good idea to add more rear lights.
    Cheers, David C.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the pics, looks great. My dealer has had my shad bags for me for months - the brackets are still on the slow boat but should be here soon. Can't wait...

Spyder Garage

Default Well done...

Like the cut of those bags. It goes well with the F3..congrats..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Shad Bags

The design of the Shad bags on the Spyder F3 looks sharp IMO the bags look like they are a "natural" extension of the Spyder and compliments the overall design very well. These bags will make their way to my F3S hopefully sooner than later .

Now, as far as functionality....let us know how they perform. Besides, "it's better to look good than to feel good."
    2015 F3S SE6

2015 F3S SE6 , CanAm Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Thanks for the pics, looks great. My dealer has had my shad bags for me for months - the brackets are still on the slow boat but should be here soon. Can't wait...
    That's gotta be frustrating. Hope you get them soon.
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 9tda1dr View Post
    The design of the Shad bags on the Spyder F3 looks sharp IMO the bags look like they are a "natural" extension of the Spyder and compliments the overall design very well. These bags will make their way to my F3S hopefully sooner than later .

Now, as far as functionality....let us know how they perform. Besides, "it's better to look good than to feel good."
    The thing I like the most about the Shads are the size of them. I looked at the limited bags on a new unit at the dealer and they are really small compared to these. Half helmet he maybe. Can't wait for the weather to get better to ride the damn thing! Was supposed to go on a ride to the PCH but that pineapple express is messing with the Coast! Now when the weather looks better gonna haul it out and ride it down the coast!
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Default Shad Bags

Wondering where you were able to purchase these bags, as I could not see Can Am even listed on there web site?
    2013 STS , OEM Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Thinking seriously about these myself. I would like to see a pic of the F3 with bags removed to see what it looks like with just the mounts. I wouldn't be using the bags full time.
    To God Be The Glory!

Spyder Garage

Default SHAD BAGS

I purchased my Shad bags from iMotorsports, a site sponsor. I received a discount by being a Spyderlovers member. These are great bags. Stylish and waterproof!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Minister View Post
    Thinking seriously about these myself. I would like to see a pic of the F3 with bags removed to see what it looks like with just the mounts. I wouldn't be using the bags full time.
    I posted lots of pictures both on and off in this thread:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...90#post1184990
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Bags looking good. I'm really pleased with mine and never bother to take them off. I think the spyder looks better with them on - more like a motorbike.

One quick recommendaiton if you don't have them, the inner bags are really good for touring. Fit perfect and avoid things falling out when you open the bags. They are quite reasonably priced too.

Link to show them:

http://www.shadonline.com/Shad-SH36-...s-p/x0ib36.htm

I paid substaintially less then an equivalent of $64 each so worth shopping around. I paid about £35 for two ($50 equivalent) but they are made in Spain so will be more expensive once shipped to the US.

Also, I've been contact with SHAD about a top box mounting kit and they are working on one. Last update I had was that it should be ready for spring. The top box will also double as a passenger backrest so it willbe a great value accessory, when it finally arrives!!
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info on the liner bags. I bought the boxes from my dealer as he had a new 2015 F3 on his floor and got them to add to it maybe to get somebody to buy it. He hadn't installed them yet so I got them at a 10% discount! Might see if he will order the liners again later. They are hard to find online for sure.
    Thanks again
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

I just found these on ebay for $95:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYDE...ZXWbTB&vxp=mtr

I have no knowledge of that company though, just found on a quick search.

You could try a quick price match with your dealer? I've done that when on holiday in the US to buy spyder bits.

Spyder Garage

man that is a nice place to work on anything , and you have that great green cycle lift in front of your spyder ! .... good job on doing the work your self , drilling and mounting can be a bit rough ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wish I could like the Shad bags but I don't. To extended for me. Changes the F3 line to much for me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The brackets arrived, so shad bags now on. Very impressed - robust, solid fitment, easy install even with our extra rear indicators. Plus my helmet fits in easily. Jeff is wearing his special Working on a Spyder t-shirt.

Spyder Garage

Looks good! I love that shirt! I was a little taken aback when I had those holes where the mounts up front were. Then I tipped the box over and the plastic covers fell out. So on those went!

I also would like to inquire about the extra lights. Where did you get those lights? I like the looks of them very much! Let me know.

Nice work!
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah Jeff was having a bit of fun, holding the take-off bits and pretending they were leftover, what a stirrer.

Re the extra lights - they are the rear indicators that we have to have instead of your ones incorporated in the tail light part. Japan has extra ones which are round, U.K. and oz and elsewhere have the shape pictured. I wish we could take credit for the extra lights, but we can't. I just wish they incorporated brake or running lights as well as indicators. Anyway, I'm sure you can order them easily enough... There are no extra lights on the bags, just a silver reflector.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Morturf View Post
    I also would like to inquire about the extra lights. Where did you get those lights? I like the looks of them very much! Let me know.
    If you were serious about fitting the euro/Aus/NZ indicators you would also need a different undertray as they fit into 2 recesses. AFAIK the US undertray doesn't have these.

They come pre-wired together and fit between 4 plugs under the passenger seat. They bolt on using 2 holes under the passenger seat and metal tapped clips. How they would work with the wiring that makes the tail lights flash in the US is an unknown.

If you wanted to see how they are wired I have a photo of under the passenger seat I can post?

Spyder Garage

Monkey boy, I would love to see how it's attached. Seems like a nice extra visual alert for rear of this machine. Thanks again.
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Running the Shad saddlebags in tandem with the SmoothSpyder backrest myself. Love the extra carrying capacity...usually stash my helmet in one and then extra layers (if need be) in the other.
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to some rideable weather for sure! Hope to get South from here in a week or two. Welcome to SL!
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Morturf View Post
    Monkey boy, I would love to see how it's attached. Seems like a nice extra visual alert for rear of this machine. Thanks again.
    Sorry for delay, completely lost track of this thread. Here's a shot of the underside - the wiring I've ringed in red shows where the wires come off for the extra lights:

Rear Indicator wiring.jpg
    The 2 wires disappearing into a hole go to the extra lights.

So if you were to fit these you would need this different rear cable. I presume the US models would not have these extra wires coming off.

I'll have a look through some parts diagrams and the shop manual to see if I can find some pictures.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    The brackets arrived, so shad bags now on. Very impressed - robust, solid fitment, easy install even with our extra rear indicators. Plus my helmet fits in easily. Jeff is wearing his special Working on a Spyder t-shirt.
    Jeff I need that T-Shirt