Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default FYI: Victory Motorcycle is No More

In addition to my RT Limited, I also have (and love) my Victory Vision.....for those of you who care, Polaris announced they are closing down Victory to focus on Indian.

http://www.cycleworld.com/victory-mo...o-be-shut-down
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default SAD

SAD, but it comes down to 'profits'...
    you can't stay in business long if you aren't making money.... you can have the best service or product, but if you don't have fluid money, you're out of business.... on the reverse, you can sell JUNK or have HORRIBLE SERVICE, but if you're the only game in town, you'll stay afloat... sad, but this is life....

hold onto your 'V'.... 1 day u'll b happy u did.... $$$$$$
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Last edited by SPYD3R; 01-11-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

It is going to fade away...no need to panic you have ten more years for parts labor service and warranty work. Bet there will always be shops to keep them going. Look how many other defunct brands are still out there...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Victory Gone

Don't want to put a damper on your thoughts about parts but ask someone who bought an Excelsior/Henderson around 2000 when a company goes out of business they are not held to the 10 year parts and service thing. Another good example is Buell, try and find Buell specific parts now. Smart money for anyone who owns one is to get any parts and tin you might need NOW. Worked for a dealer who sold Henderson and owned a Buell I know from experience.
    2019 Rally , GMUltra Violet

Spyder Garage

i also have a vic. cross roads. my knees dictated we get something i wasnt
    going to fall over on. i still love riding it, but sadly will have to sell.--irv
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

I also have a 2014 Victory Vision. It is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. I am sorry Polaris made their decision to discontinue the Victory motorcycles. I figure to keep mine until I can't ride any longer.
    Bud

Spyder Garage

I can't say that I'm at all surprised. In 2007 I was in Deals Gap when Mechanics Illustrated came through testing the soon to be released Victory touring bike. It might have run just fine but it was fugly.

Then at Sturgis '13 I saw the first Polaris Indian in person. It was freakin' beautiful. And it was at a competitive price point for both Harley and Victory. I said to my riding buddy right then, that Indian will be the death of Victory.

In '15 I was at the Indian dealer and saw the Indian Chief Vintage in silver & black with the tan seat and bags. Whoa, I was ready to trade my Harley. But the Harley has an E-Z clutch thingie in it and I have arthritis in the wrists so the Harley stayed. Barely. Classic styling sells and Polaris put a bunch of it in the Indian.

Yeah I have a RT-S with the semi auto trans now and still kept the Harley. But if Indian had a feather light clutch or a DCT, that Vintage would be in my garage instead. They are that nice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by southjerseyrider View Post
    In addition to my RT Limited, I also have (and love) my Victory Vision.....for those of you who care, Polaris announced they are closing down Victory to focus on Indian.

http://www.cycleworld.com/victory-mo...o-be-shut-down
    I read that Polaris has lost money on the Victories since they introduced them. If that's so, then it's not very surprising.

Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

I live near the worlds largest Polaris/Victory/Indian dealer. This news shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. The Polaris company isn't getting out of the motorcycle business. They are just discontinuing one of their two lines of motorcycles. When they acquired the Indian brand it was easy to see most all their research, development, and design efforts of late went into the Indian line. As far as getting parts, the parent company is still in business, unlike Buell and Excelsior Henderson. There are enough Victorys out there to make selling parts a profitable venture for many years to come.