Spyder Garage

Default Transmission Linkage on RT SM6

Question for the group, in case anyone happens to know this or can access it on their 2014 or 2015 RT SM6.

I would like to know what the dimension is between the rod eyes on the transmission linkage assembly.

I'm installing a set of Web Boards with heel-toe shifter, and apparently need to adjust the linkage outward in order to properly install it. Per the tech at Web Boards, this linkage never needs to be adjusted on 2014 models. Mine has never been adjusted, so it's hard to believe I have anything non-standard.

Just a long shot, but would love to know what the factory dimensions are of this linkage assembly.
    2014 Cognac Spyder RT-S SM6, purchased July 8, 2015
    Rivco Flag Holders
    Eduo Innovations SRT Clear/Stainless Cup Holder
    Lamonster Spyder Decals
    Inspector Gadget Driver Floorboards and Heel-Toe Shifter
    Sena SPH10H-FM Headset for Half-Helmet
    Hopnel 1500 Front Trunk Liner
    BRP Trailer Hitch and Control Module
    2014 Escape Trailer (Black and Diamond) from 1 Motorcycle Trailers

2012 Magnesium Spyder RT SM5, sold on July 8, 2015

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't know. ..!!

Don't have one to look at. It is a double ball joint and adjustable. Loosen the nuts one right hand one left hand and adjust with the center of the threaded shaft. If the board maker says John adjustment needed your fine. Looks like you have close to an inch of adjustment depending on where your at...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the web boards on my 2014 RT. With my knee being out of order right now, I cannot get there to take a measurement. But it is a matter of trial and error as far as adjusting the shifter. I installed a set on my bike, a friends 2015 RT, and another friend installed the Seal boards on his (same concept). Each one is a little different. If you ordered the heel toe shifter, be sure that you got the one with the notch in the bottom. This was a slight design flaw for the RT SM6 transmission. The original ones did not have a slot, and I had to cut one. A few weeks later I met the guys at the rally in Myrtle Beach and discussed it with them. They made a template from my shifter and incorporated into their production line. They were very helpful with my friends installation and he got the first of the new shifters. As for me, I got a free T-shirt and free brake pedal for my small part. Very nice people, and I would buy from them again.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here is a photo of the heel toe shifter that I had to notch. I forgot to mention, I have the web mini boards. I was told that the notch was not necessarily needed for the full boards, but it is with the mini boards.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thanks so much. This is exactly what I needed to see. I got the linkage set to where it should work. It's still rubbing a little on the black plastic of the Spyder, so Web Boards has suggested getting a 2" square pipe and bending it out a touch at the first knuckle. I will be trying this tomorrow, and hopefully I will be set.

I will post pictures of the finished install (hopefully tomorrow).
    2014 Cognac Spyder RT-S SM6, purchased July 8, 2015
    Rivco Flag Holders
    Eduo Innovations SRT Clear/Stainless Cup Holder
    Lamonster Spyder Decals
    Inspector Gadget Driver Floorboards and Heel-Toe Shifter
    Sena SPH10H-FM Headset for Half-Helmet
    Hopnel 1500 Front Trunk Liner
    BRP Trailer Hitch and Control Module
    2014 Escape Trailer (Black and Diamond) from 1 Motorcycle Trailers

2012 Magnesium Spyder RT SM5, sold on July 8, 2015