Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    22

    Default Air ride bladder pressure.

    Thinking I should install a gauge in the dash. By the way how much pressure should it read.

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Active Member Devious56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    N.E. Florida
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    Thinking I should install a gauge in the dash. By the way how much pressure should it read.

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    That depends on what model Spyder you have.

    David

    How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    HAWTHORNE nj
    Posts
    287

    Default Air ride

    If you have a air rear how much air should be in the system, is there a difference on 2014 -17 , or earlier models.. thanks

  4. #4
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    VERMONT
    Posts
    7,924

    Default PSI IN BLADDER

    Quote Originally Posted by MOSESS View Post
    If you have a air rear how much air should be in the system, is there a difference on 2014 -17 , or earlier models.. thanks
    IMHO, There isn't a set amount. If you have this system it auto fills to whatever the load it senses..... However it can be adjusted to your preference manually ....... I don't have the system so I can't explain how , but someone will answer this ...... Mike

  5. #5
    Eponymous Member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    78,292

    Default

    It's not actually about the air pressure: it's about the ride height...

    Ride More Worry Less.jpg
    They used to say to keep it between 10, & 90 psi.
    I'm not sure about the newer bikes.

    2010 RT A&C .............................. 2014 RT Limited.
    (Gone; not forgotten!)

  6. #6
    Active Member Devious56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    N.E. Florida
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's not actually about the air pressure: it's about the ride height...

    Ride More Worry Less.jpg
    They used to say to keep it between 10, & 90 psi.
    I'm not sure about the newer bikes.

    While that is true, the air pressure is what determines the ride hight If you have an air pump with your system, the limits of the automatic air system can be set, or reset with the BUDS. I believe the owners manual says the range is between low (20 pounds) and 80 pound High), but even if you put 80 pounds in it with you air compressor, when you ride the system will go to what the high setting that BUDS was set to. I spent a lot of time messing with mine and found I liked 60 pounds when my wife and I rode, which I would put in before every ride. I thought maybe I had a leak because the next time I would check it, it would have about 45 pounds in it. Finally I asked a service tech about it, and he explained to me what was happening, and told me he could reset the system to operate with in the limits that I wanted, and did. Now when my wife rides with me, I put dash reading at the middle and when I ride, I put it one mark about low, with this set up, I still have the ability to put a little more air in the system if we load up with luggage. Hope that helps you out, but all RT's don't have the automatic system, but they do have the air ride, I think. I have a achrader valve under the seat to put air in or take it out, I also have a switch up by the center of the handle bar where I can stiffen or soften the ride. Some do not have the switch.

    David

    How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

  7. #7
    Eponymous Member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    78,292

    Default

    60 psi for two-up riding, is just about what we settled on here also (64 psi...)
    We used this amount of air my my 2010 RT A&C, before we added the ACS to it.
    But as the payload on the bike increases: so does the pressure in the shock. You never actually had to add air for your luggage...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 01-11-2017 at 02:43 PM.

    2010 RT A&C .............................. 2014 RT Limited.
    (Gone; not forgotten!)

  8. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    HAWTHORNE nj
    Posts
    287

    Default Air ride

    guys thank you, I am doing small mods this winter and one of the things I thought would help if I could stiffen up the rear a bit. I thought by putting in a little more air would do it. I am 245.6 ft 6inches tall. the wife don't tell 165. she a shorty ,, Any way with on the bike along with what we pack we would be close if not more then 400lbs . we have two trips coming up this summer and I want to get this right the first time. Doing my home work now. thanks

  9. #9
    Eponymous Member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    78,292

    Default

    Exactly which year and model bike, do you have?

    2010 RT A&C .............................. 2014 RT Limited.
    (Gone; not forgotten!)

  10. #10
    Active Member Devious56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    N.E. Florida
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOSESS View Post
    guys thank you, I am doing small mods this winter and one of the things I thought would help if I could stiffen up the rear a bit. I thought by putting in a little more air would do it. I am 245.6 ft 6inches tall. the wife don't tell 165. she a shorty ,, Any way with on the bike along with what we pack we would be close if not more then 400lbs . we have two trips coming up this summer and I want to get this right the first time. Doing my home work now. thanks
    Sounds like Bob and I have gotten you pretty close to what you were asking about, and if you can find a friendly tech that can access the Buds, he can reset the ACS and set it at what ever range you would like. Good luck, and enjoy the ride.

    David

    How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Guys thanks.

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •