Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default REAR TIRE REPLACEMENT

I am needing to replace my rear tire and I have seen post before with suggestions on this. What is the best tire and did you reinstall the tire on your bike . If you have advice, experience or comments I would appreciate you sharing them with me. Thanks Cagey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cagey View Post
    I am needing to replace my rear tire and I have seen post before with suggestions on this. What is the best tire and did you reinstall the tire on your bike . If you have advice, experience or comments I would appreciate you sharing them with me. Thanks Cagey
    Cagey,
    A very popular replacement is the Yokohama 205/50/15. I believe that will be my next one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

I have the same size Kuhmo on mine. Balanced and installed by local dealer. Cost was 125.00 and worth it since I do not have a place to work on the bike.

Good luck,

Bob W.
    2015 RT Ltd SE6
    Intense Red
    BaJa Ron Torsion Bar
    BaJa Ron Shock Adjusters
    Premium Driver Seat Back Rest
    Diamond R Spyder Armrests and cup holders
    Wheel Aligment Squared Away
    Trailer Hitch Value Accessories
    Harbor Freight trailer black
    Stebel Nautilus Compact Mini Black
    139 decibel air horn
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

The preferred Yokohama S-Drive is actually the 205/55 - 15 as its a near perfect match to the physical size of the OEM tire as well as a much better construction tire. Great handling, perfect balance, long wear and great traction from a real performance tire. We sell and install quite a few of them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

The best rear tire I have run so far is the Michelin Premier A/S in 205/60R-15 size. Great handling and Fantastic in the rain/wet roads. I have around 14,000 on it and stills looks good and still fantastic in the rain.
    I purchased it at Costco and took the wheel into them. They dismounted the old tire and installed new valve stem and tire for $15.00. Since I run Ride-On in my tires I declined balancing.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default REAR TIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Cagey View Post
    The first thing you need to know is ....who is going to do the WORK !!! .... If you use a Dealer make sure you know beforehand if the dealer will mount a tire other than a KENDA , because some won't ....... The Michelin Premier is an excellent choice as well as The General Altimax RT 43 in 215/60-15 selling for about $ 80.00 on Amazon & E-bay with free shipping.................Mike

Spyder Garage

Default R&R

I'M ON MY 5th KUMHO, 3 ON MY RS, AND THE 2nd ON MY F3, AND I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH 'GOOD' ABOUT THIS TIRE... HOWEVER, THESE KUMHO'S ARE GETTING VERY RARE SINCE THEY'VE BEEN DISCONTINUED....
    I JUST PURCHASED A MICHILEN HYDROEDGE 215/60R15 AND IT WILL BE REPLACING THE KUMHO OUT BACK....
    NOTE: MY WIFE HAS THE MICHILEN HYDROEDGE 215/60R15's ON HER CAMRY, AND THEY ARE SUPERB IN EVERY WAY... NOT TO SAY THAT THE SPYD3R & CAMRY HAVE ANY COMPARISON, BUT IT GIVE ME A BIT OF COMFORT....
    DAN P
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

23,000 on the Michelin on the rear of our RT, lots of tread left. Many options in the 215/60/15 size and it corrects the speedo error.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Yikes...!!

I think this site has made choosing a tire a real task. If you search you will see...and maybe in time find one. See above and pick at random...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black