Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    BRP harness has nothing to do with nanny. In fact, it draws power for the trailer lights direct from the battery just like the Show Chrome one does. The difference is the wire from the battery is already in the connector for the trailer adapter and is fed by a 10 amp fuse in the fuse box.
    You are correct about the nanny. It is the BRP control module that doesn't like other trailers. I know I went through two of them before I switched to Show Chrome. No problems since.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Corbin Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Does anybody know what pins are what , on the square 4 pole connector of the trailer hitch? One is a male and the other 3 are female.

Wire colors are the same as I explain above.

White is ground. Female socket.
    Brown is tail/running lights.
    Green right turn/brake
    Yellow left turn/brake.

So if your trailer was wired correctly to wire color standard. You would attach the white to white. Brown to brown. Green to green. Yellow to yellow.

2013 ST LIMITED BLACK CURRANT
    Lugg & Roll trailer
    Show Chrome Hitch.
    Gorilla Alarm
    Sena SM10 Bluetooth Dongle, with homemade harness
    USB power outlet.
    3 button garage door opener.

I have the same issue. A 2016 F3-T with the BRP hitch and wire harness (4 pin square connection) and an Aluma MCT trailer with the same 5 pin round connection.
    I have checked with three sources, including an Aluma dealer service department. All three agree there is no adapter available to simply convert the connections.
    I have attempted to contact electrical connection through its website but never got a response. It appears the trailer may have to be rewired and a couple lights switched out

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    I have the same issue. A 2016 F3-T with the BRP hitch and wire harness (4 pin square connection) and an Aluma MCT trailer with the same 5 pin round connection.
    I have checked with three sources, including an Aluma dealer service department. All three agree there is no adapter available to simply convert the connections.
    I have attempted to contact electrical connection through its website but never got a response. It appears the trailer may have to be rewired and a couple lights switched out
    You're going to have to cut the 5 pin round connector off and then splice in a new 4 pole square connector into the existing wiring. I bought mine on Ebay and its a Hopkins 11147975 4 pole square set. Just do a search on Ebay and several will come up. Mine cost $7.90 with free shipping.

What year is your Aluma MCT trailer? Mine is a 2004 and the color of the wires in the tongue are White, Yellow, Green, Brown and Red. As per Billybovine the red wire is not used. Billy said just to match up the colors with the new Hopkins 4 pole connector and you should be good to go. I just ordered the new connectors today and won't have them till next Tuesday. I will report back when I get it wired and let you know if it worked or not.
    2015 RTS SE6 Purchased March 2015

My MCT is a 2008. The connection is buried in factory shrink wrap so I can't see the color of the wires.
    If this is of interest, you can get an MCT wiring schematic from the Aluma website. Click the drop down menu from 'Customer Support' on the
    Home page. Then click on FAQ. #7 of FAQ will have a link to the schematic.
    Please keep us advised on your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    My MCT is a 2008. The connection is buried in factory shrink wrap so I can't see the color of the wires.
    If this is of interest, you can get an MCT wiring schematic from the Aluma website. Click the drop down menu from 'Customer Support' on the
    Home page. Then click on FAQ. #7 of FAQ will have a link to the schematic.
    Please keep us advised on your progress.

According to the wiring diagram you pointed out. The Aluma trailer has amber turn signals. Then the red wire is used for brake lights. Ex-Rocket says his does not have amber turn signals. That would make the red wire in his trailer obsolete.

So the question is and it is very important. Does your trailer have amber turn signal lights?

trailer diagram.jpg

2013 ST LIMITED BLACK CURRANT
    Lugg & Roll trailer
    Show Chrome Hitch.
    Gorilla Alarm
    Sena SM10 Bluetooth Dongle, with homemade harness
    USB power outlet.
    3 button garage door opener.