Spyder Garage

Default miles on F3 tensioner

seeings some of you are still riding, how many miles have you put on your
    F3 tesioners. any unusual noise levels or bearing noise? trying to order some
    parts for spring and just seeing about the reliability factor. thank you.--irv toms
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

I've put one on last month but other than around the block with it, I haven't put any miles on it. Now I have a 2010 RT with the original belt so it has ribs on the top side of it. And while test riding, I did hear a faint whine. But was masked when turning the radio volume up. You have the newer model and I think you belt is flat faced.
    I have an idea that I'm going to try. I bought a can of the plasti-dip and will try to coat the outside of the pulley on the tensioner to hopefully quiet the whine. Won't try until warmer weather come though.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Smoke68

Default F3 Tensioner

I put a belt tensioner on my 2016 F3 Limited and have put 4200 miles on it before the bad weather set in. I love it. I was getting a vibration above 55, especially upon deceleration. After putting on the tensioner all went away. I've been watching the belt for any signs of wear caused by the tensioner and have found nothing. I am very pleased with the results and performance.
    Something else I would highly recommend is getting the front end laser alignment and the BajaRon Swaybar. I had to drive fifty miles to another dealership because my local dealer does not have the equipment. it was well worth the drive and cost. The vehicle does not wander in the traffic lane anymore. I thought it was caused by the road surface but it wasn't. It was caused by the small stock swaybar and the front end not being properly aligned. Because the front end does not wander anymore I do not have to put in as much steering input and the ride is much more relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce47 View Post
    seeings some of you are still riding, how many miles have you put on your
    F3 tesioners. any unusual noise levels or bearing noise? trying to order some
    parts for spring and just seeing about the reliability factor. thank you.--irv toms