Thread: Daytona 500 F3

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Daytona 500 F3

​Does anyone know if the 2017 F3 Daytona comes with both the cowl and passenger seat
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    ​Does anyone know if the 2017 F3 Daytona comes with both the cowl and passenger seat
    From a previous theread it does come supplied with both as new. And the passenger seat matches the driver seat stitching wise I seem to remember.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, it does. Very nice. It actually limits the power output with the seat on. More power with just the cowl.

Spyder Garage

Default Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    Yes, it does. Very nice. It actually limits the power output with the seat on. More power with just the cowl.

Doc, do I understand you to say, they detuned the engine with a passenger seat installed.... You gotta be kidding right ? That would be about the most asinine thing I'd every heard if BRP did that....
    2014 RTL , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Daytona is very flighty with 2 up. I can take a corner just a little above normal speed with my 90 lb grandson on the back and get wheel raise without cranking the throttle much at all.
    The way I figured it out was that I was ryding one up with the seat on (no cowl) and I noticed that the byke wasn't a peppy as when I first got it. I pulled the seat and got to looking and there is a large spring loaded disk that the seat sits against and depresses it. When you put the cowl on there is a void where the disk is. I'll take some pictures if anyone is interested. I think it's a liability factor for them and that the Daytona is primarily a one up machine that you can carry someone for a while. Just don't challenge the twisties 2 up.

They also did a sensor on the seat of the RT for a passenger, too.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    The Daytona is very flighty with 2 up. I can take a corner just a little above normal speed with my 90 lb grandson on the back and get wheel raise without cranking the throttle much at all.
    The way I figured it out was that I was ryding one up with the seat on (no cowl) and I noticed that the byke wasn't a peppy as when I first got it. I pulled the seat and got to looking and there is a large spring loaded disk that the seat sits against and depresses it. When you put the cowl on there is a void where the disk is. I'll take some pictures if anyone is interested. I think it's a liability factor for them and that the Daytona is primarily a one up machine that you can carry someone for a while. Just don't challenge the twisties 2 up.

They also did a sensor on the seat of the RT for a passenger, too.
    Wow! I actually thought you were pulling the guys leg with you said that it was detuned with the rear seat on. I guess what you said makes since, but I would have never expected that. I don't know of any other manufacturer that does that.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white