Spyder Garage

Default F3S Brake Lights

Has anyone been able to put on their F3's high intensity led brake lights and have them flash when the brakes are applied. I had this on my RT and was very happy with the set-up.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone been able to put on their F3's high intensity led brake lights and have them flash when the brakes are applied. I had this on my RT and was very happy with the set-up.

It is my understanding that in Arkansas and many other states, it is against the law for the brake lights to flash. you can put aftermarket lights on and have flashing lights, but at least one set must remain lit while the brakes are in use. Check your local laws before doing this.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Brake Lights

Cruzr Joe,
    Thank you, I will check with authorities . At the time I thought of it, sounded good.

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

Have seen most do it with a third light. You need a modulator to do the flashing part but as mentioned above check the legality of doing this in your state....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We installed the modulator from TricLED on an F3 and it worked great. The only drawback is that there isn't any easily accessible location to mount the modulator so you need to set it and leave it. On the RT I have my modulator mounted in the rear trunk so I can easily change it (not that I ever do).
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I have the modulators installed to flash the brake lights on my F3S. Spyderpops has some plug n play units in the works. He may have some prototypes to sell if you call him. I installed a set from him on an RT a couple weeks ago and the F3S version was in the works but very similar.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Electrical Connection finally has a 10 LED license plate bar that can be added on and modulated. It is 100% plug'n'play, no cutting or splicing and is adjustable. I have a thread here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Modulator-Woes

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic