Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Where is Al Gore

I would like to have good ole Al step up and tell us all again about Global Warming.....
    The east is frozen and the west is flooded and more snow than in
    years .... Global Warming...right

Spyder Garage

He's probably in the Caribbean on a private island somewhere counting his money that he made off all those suckers that bought in to his bull crap.

Most people are only into making the world a better place if they can make money off it.

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it...

In hiding....once he found out he had the biggest carbon foot print of anyone in the US and what he should pay for it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I would like to have good ole Al step up and tell us all again about Global Warming.....
    I personally think that the phrase "globalwarning" can be misleading as we are really taking "climate change" .

Down here we are having record hot spells currently and the warmer sea temps generate ever larger storms as well as killing off the coral in the Great Barrier Reef.

Only time will tell.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If humankind is the cause of global warming then what caused the warming that melted the polar ice cap eons ago when man was not a factor? Climate change is happening. What we don't know is how much, if any, is man's fault vs. a natural cycle. If the natural cycle is thousands of years then we have no way of knowing if what we've observed in the last 500 years is a normal short term fluctuation or part of a long term change. If the natural cycle is on the order of 100,000 years there's no way in Hades we can know where in the cycle it is that which we are observing.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    If humankind is the cause of global warming then what caused the warming that melted the polar ice cap eons ago when man was not a factor? Climate change is happening. What we don't know is how much, if any, is man's fault vs. a natural cycle. If the natural cycle is thousands of years then we have no way of knowing if what we've observed in the last 500 years is a normal short term fluctuation or part of a long term change. If the natural cycle is on the order of 100,000 years there's no way in Hades we can know where in the cycle it is that which we are observing.
    I totaly agree. Over the course of our earths history how many climate changes have happened before humans were even a twinkle it it's eye!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We may be getting a lot of snow but then we get high temperatures and rain. We now get a lot of strange storms with more wind than I remember in the past.
    Something is up. I believe part may be a cycle but I also believe we (people and what they do) are a contributing factor.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't worry about "Mr. Internet": He's enjoying Global Warming to the fullest...

P1020711.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

He is in a woodchuck hole because he is so natural.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

email him, you can be sure he uses his invention

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up THe Sun????

Do we live under a variable star???? Yes

5" of rain in the past 24---- very rare for the desert state of Nevada. and now the snow is starting again?????

and does the weather cause ::::::::::::::: Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Normally in the winter I would just plug in my electric vest, pull on the Aerostich and go ride. Last night it was 9 degrees in Virginia. It's 15 now and I'm heading for the basement to shoot some pool, drink some Guinness and listen to Blues. A man has to know his limitations.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARD II View Post
    Normally in the winter I would just plug in my electric vest, pull on the Aerostich and go ride. Last night it was 9 degrees in Virginia. It's 15 now and I'm heading for the basement to shoot some pool, drink some Guinness and listen to Blues. A man has to know his limitations.
    To the Basement!!
    To the Good Life!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    We may be getting a lot of snow but then we get high temperatures and rain. We now get a lot of strange storms with more wind than I remember in the past.
    Something is up. I believe part may be a cycle but I also believe we (people and what they do) are a contributing factor.
    Climate change has been a reality since the dawn of time. This is a fact that is easily verified

Man (as with everything on the planet) has an effect on climate. How much effect man has is debatable. But the fact remains that climate change has been much more severe in the past without any measurable input from man.

The lie is that if we give politicians control over our lives, they will end climate change.

I know I wear this picture out but I think it says it all...

Last edited by BajaRon; 01-09-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Happy Monday morning controversy. My Devil's Advocate Statement: The subject of "global warming" deals with the fact that we are looking at 100 years of "trends." A current year that goes against the "pattern" does not indicate that the trend is not continuing. We are still having "milder" winters in AK. The lower 48 is getting bombed with "used to be" winters that many of us geezers remember (It would be 20 below zero and we used to have to plod through snow that was three feet deep. And it was uphill both ways. )

The picture that was shown of the current President visiting Exit Glacier AK is quite telling IMO. The place where he is standing was covered by an actual glacier back in 2001 when I moved to this state. The ice field now begins 2 miles up the trail. Portage Glacier (in the same area) has retreated about the same. Something is causing the ice to melt and retreat. The "trend" continues. Its going to be a computer day for me. I think I have given enough stuff to inspire some conversation. Let's remember the bosses rules about name calling, of people or members if you don't like what the person is saying or has done. Good discussion will keep it interesting. Polilticizing, or going off on your favorite rant will get the thread killed. Let's try not to go there and keep it simple, but interesting.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-11-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Global warming" has always been an unfortunate label to what, globally, is climate change. Scientists (all pesky, "alarmist" 95% of them) have always predicted that, both short term and long term, some regions will become frigid while others will fry. Ditto with precip - new floods and deserts.

When we, in MI, experienced our record cold and snowy winter three years ago, the term "polar vortex" found its way into our vocabulary, further discrediting "warming", but the cause was, in fact, indirect warming.

Both the north and south pole have a permanent, low pressure cyclone (polar vortex) hovering above them. The strength of a polar vortex is determined by the comparative difference in temperature between it and the equator. The larger that temperature difference is, the stronger the vortex, with "strength" meaning how malleable it is by other air currents. When it's strong, it tends to stay put. When it's weak, it can be squeezed into fingers or new clumps which can dip unusually far south.

As the Arctic ice mass melts and its air warms, its once-strong winter temperature differentiation lessens. Hence, its vortex is weaker, and depending on where it's bullied into pressing southward, various parts of the globe will now likely take turns suffering record cruel winters.

Whether we wish to excuse ourselves from the equation or not is probably moot at this point, as is whatever caused the ocean currents to slow to a standstill once before, causing a thousand year freeze (and searing heat and drought in some regions), because the slowing of our ocean currents is again underway. And even the countries most dedicated to reducing their carbon emissions are doing nothing to curtail population growth.

What, for me, is most memorable about Al Gore's excellent documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, is his chart depicting the speed at which, and the extent to which current climate trends are exploding - all vastly larger values than in previous, natural cycles.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Where can I buy pontoons

I am going to need 2 pontoons and a rear tire like sand rails use to ride my spyder
    if this keeps up
    Turn off the water...........

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    To keep this on the humorous side--WHERE IS AL GORE?--WHO CARES?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-10-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

1. Why are people discussing politics?

2. Why are people discussing politics on this particular forum?

3. See number 1.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

2016 was the warmest year on record here in NZ. FWIW.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Varminter View Post

Ok, but that does not mean that mankind caused it or can do diddly about it. As the world tuns, we live on a living rock!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    To keep this on the humorous side--WHERE IS AL GORE--WHO CARES?
    Hell Yeah.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Varminter View Post

That's fine, but we have no way to know if it was even warmer back in 1316, 1416, or 1516.

That is the problem with scientists' predictions. Most of the time they are wrong.

Up here in Canada, in our region, we were told in the fall that we would have a really cold hard classic Canadian winter. Now they are saying that it will be warmer than usual. They cannot predict a few days, or months ahead let alone years, or decades ahead.

This climate change garbage is just a way for gov't and companies to make money off us.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just remember: A Meteorologist only has to be right half of the time; and they get to keep their jobs...
    I wish that I had it that easy!