Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Just remember: A Meteorologist only has to be right half of the time; and they get to keep their jobs...
    I wish that I had it that easy!
    Come on Bob, you know that you can be right much more often than that. Just remember these few terms:

1. Yes, Dear!
    2. Your right Dear!
    3. You are right again, Dear!
    4. Whatever you say, Dear!
    5. I will get right on that, Dear!

Bada Boom, Bada Bing, Easy Peazy, lemon Squeezy!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You forgot my favorite:

I'm so sorry, Dear...

Spyder Garage

Default Rain

Why would anyone in CA complain about the rain after years of drought? Do you like uncontrolled fires?
    2015 RT-S SE Silver/Black

Spyder Garage

One problem that also seems to be a trend...when Mother Nature makes a correction, it seems to be a duzzy of an overcorrection.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default wtf

What does this have to do with Spyder riding ?????
    2013 sts , Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Default I can,t resist

For millions of years carbon was stored under ground in the form of oil, coal and natural gas we now are taking these forms of carbon out of storage and pumping it back into the atmosphere, tons more than ever before. Now I'm not a scientist but changing makeup of the big gas blanket that makes life possible on this planet might have some effect on weather and causing the shrinking of the polar ice caps. I see several coal and oil trains go through town each and every day I can't believe that the tons of carbon dioxide produced by the burning of these fuels has no effect on our planet. I see change every year, spring comes earlier, storms seem more sever and more frequent, and droughts last longer these are just some of the changes I've noticed I am sure there are many other examples but I ramble on to much. Just my opinion.

Spyder Garage

For millions of years carbon was stored under ground in the form of oil, coal and natural gas we now are taking these forms of carbon out of storage and pumping it back into the atmosphere, tons more than ever before. Now I'm not a scientist but changing makeup of the big gas blanket that makes life possible on this planet might have some effect on weather and causing the shrinking of the polar ice caps. I see several coal and oil trains go through town each and every day I can't believe that the tons of carbon dioxide produced by the burning of these fuels has no effect on our planet. I see change every year, spring comes earlier, storms seem more sever and more frequent, and droughts last longer these are just some of the changes I've noticed I am sure there are many other examples but I ramble on to much. Just my opinion. The weather determines how much riding I get to enjoy.

Spyder Garage

double post my bad sorry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There where no coal fired power plants or SUVs around when the Ice age ended. The earth's climate has changed since became a planet. If we don't use fossil fuels, we can't drive, use electricity, plastic or any other products derived from elements. Some day technology will come up with solutions to the pollution. Then many years from then, some scientific study will show how these are causing climate change. What happened to the predicted ice age in the 70's?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderjeffrey View Post
    What does this have to do with Spyder riding ?????
    It fills the bill that the site was getting to quiet a couple of weeks ago.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Globle Warming?

Just my opinion but,here in Maine our winters were snowy and cold through the whole winter.Now it seems Every Winter we have at least a week of above average temps causing a large thaw. We're in one right now.At least three or four days of temps in the upper 40's to low 50's. It usually happens the first or second week of January. It's become know as "The January Thaw!" However last Christmas we had No Snow for Christmas and it got to 60 Degrees Christmas Day. Winter 15-16 was the least amount snow since they've(?) been recording the winter snowfall!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All that I know, is that as my bones get older : the Winters feel colder!

Spyder Garage

I do remember when winters were much colder when we moved to the Red River Valley in 1985 we would enter a float in the holiday parade in Fargo, ND the temps that year were below zero and for several years in a row it was always cold it has gotten progressively warmer over the years now when the parade takes place more often than not temps are in the twenties or warmer heck we had temps in the seventies for deer hunting season even swatted a mosquito while sitting my stand unheard of years ago I have sat in stand at -16 now we hardly have temps below freezing during hunting season. Something has changed just my observations.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    In hiding....once he found out he had the biggest carbon foot print of anyone in the US and what he should pay for it....

Yeah, he put his carbon foot in his mouth.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    All that I know, is that as my bones get older : the Winters feel colder!

Ya---- Me too

But we do live under a variable star????

Al Gore caused :::::::::::: Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    Ya---- Me too

But we do live under a variable star????

Al Gore caused :::::::::::: Kaos
    He actually has an alter-ego:

nycc5.jpg

Spyder Garage

Here's climate change to think about... Polar ice cap up North is decreasing; polar ice cap down at the South end is increasing faster than the other is decreasing!!!
    Also, NOAA has decreased its global reporting stations by more than 50%!!! Convenient????
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Please all you nay sayers, educate yourself,

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    If humankind is the cause of global warming then what caused the warming that melted the polar ice cap eons ago when man was not a factor?
    My speculation is that it was caused by a single ill-fated young dinosaur, who upon sensing familiar ground vibrations, knew that his mother was about to catch him smoking and heedlessly tossed his burning cigarette into some nearby brush in the forest. The rest, as they say, is history.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Weather reporting stations and more

Thousand + weather stations around the US and many other world cities were built ( and reported for years) well OUTSIDE the cities---- the cities ( and thus their heat island) have grown up around many, many of these stations. I seen them in the middle of an asphalt ( read black) parking lots.

Ya don't think that( the heat island) would skew the average a bit???? As mentioned before---- what caused the global warming that ended our many ice ages?? Couldn't be mankind cause we weren't here

Ya don't think the our class M variable star has anything to do with it???

Oh- BTW would anyone like to shovel the 4+ FEET of snow that has fallen around my house in the last 10 days????

I didn't think so--- so I'll just use my carbon spewing snow blowers. Ask the folks in the Midwest about the huge ICE storm that is hitting them right now. Ask the folks in the North east about the epic winter of just a couple of years ago??

The IPCC of the UN have been shown to be a scam. So who are we to believe?? The people who made millions of $ on compact florescent light bulbs??? That's Al Gore BTW.

So glad we have differing opinions here on SpyderLovers. When is the electric RT coming out???? And can it take me and my wife 400+ miles a day???

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post

I'm guessing that the CO2 levels the past 60 years have been measured directly in the air. The readings from thousands of years ago were taken from ice core samples. Do we know, and with what certainty, how direct readings correlate with the ice readings?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everybody dies eventually: why worry about what will happen in a thousand years...

...or even a hundred?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post

Now I'm NOT saying that Climate Change isn't something we are going to have to come to terms with & learn how to live with; but presenting 'snapshots' of evidence like that above can sometimes be extremely misleading, & (definitely not saying this is going on here!!) they can even be selectively chosen to support whichever particular argument an unscrupulous operator may want to push!! You've really got to take a long term view, especially when it comes to matters of planetary weather patterns & the short term peaks & troughs that occur over the millennia of continual changes our Planet & Sun must experience!

So I won't bother to add any more graphs or charts to contribute to the confusion, but if you care to delve deeper & have a look for yourselves, you'll discover that right now, & in fact for most of Mankind's so called 'Industrial Age', the planet we live on has been going thru a (fairly short on a geological scale) period of having the LOWEST LEVELS of CO2 that it's ever had!! Back a couple of thousand years or so, CO2 levels were somewhat higher - go back even further & they were even higher again, & not just by a little bit either!! In fact IIRC, for most of the time that Mankind has been active on this planet, CO2 levels in the atmosphere have been significantly HIGHER than they are now & even higher than the highest levels they are expected to reach in the next century, even if we continue contributing to that rise at the current rate!!

Yet those significantly higher levels of CO2 in the atmosphere are the levels that were present during Mankind's rise to 'intelligence'?!? And arguably, as we look at the peaks & troughs that have occurred over the relatively short time we've been around, the smaller rises & subsequent higher peaks that we've seen along the way were often part of what created the conditions that enabled each of Mankind's 'Great Leaps Forwards' - the lower dips also often coinciding with the fall of whichever current civilisation was ascendant at the time; ie, the last Mini Ice Age, the Dark Ages etc, & the many similar short term downturns that have occurred in the steady rise of Mankind from insignificance to whatever we may be now!!

Sooo, are the current generally LOW levels of CO2 we've been experiencing just heralding the fall of civilisation as we know it (just who did you vote for??); or are the very recent increases we've seen really just the precursor of Mankind's Next Great Leap Forwards??

Personally, I don't know, (dunno who it was you voted for either?! ) but I'll put some more thought to it later - right now, I'm gonna get the Spyder out & go for a ryde!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-13-2017 at 08:21 PM.