Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    After purchase purchases listed in order of importance with top three mandatory before leaving the dealer. What am I missing?

1. Comfy Seat - after sitting on one at a dealer amazed at a difference 2" makes, not sure if heated is a necessity or not. Have not checked out Corbin seat dimensions yet to compare to comfy seat from dealer.

2. Helmets (2) with intercom Sena 20 seems to be the consensus.

3. Jackets - Stay with highly visible colors

4. Rain gear - It's gonna happen

5. LED\Reflectors - improve visibility

6. Trike Cover

7. Battery Tender

8. Bling - Either Wraps or custom paint that personalize the bike to me.

Seems like purchasing the trike is the beginning not the end of the choices to be made.
    Since you live in Iowa and it isn't exactly riding season I would purchase all elsewhere. Try on helmets somewhere to find a brand you like and get your size and get it online ... UNLESS the dealer had tricked you into thinking he is giving you $xxx free accessories for letting him sell you a a Spyder.

Your stock seat might feel good to you ... give it a try for a few hundred miles. I have 3k miles on my F3L stock seat and it feels OK to me.

Motorcycle Dave has great prices on headsets and he is very knowledgeable about them and will try to steer you towards what product you need based on your riding habits.

Save yourself some money by not buying at the dealer and you can get more farkles with your savings.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Gloves

Having several pair of gloves is also a good thing. I am in NW Iowa and in spring and fall gloves keep my hands warm. Waterproof gloves keep your hands dry also. Also a good pair of footwear is something to have.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Personally I would try some of that stuff out at the dealer, then go online and save tons of money. Definitely hold off on the seat and give it several hundred miles to break in to your bottom side....But your list looks pretty good so far
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try on in store, buy online.........then soon no more stores for anything. a few bucks more in store might result in a lot of nice talk when a problem comes up.
    I know a lot will disagree with this, but if a store does not make money, it goes out of business

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    Try on in store, buy online.........then soon no more stores for anything. a few bucks more in store might result in a lot of nice talk when a problem comes up.
    I know a lot will disagree with this, but if a store does not make money, it goes out of business
    Truth!!! I've been buying everything at Cycle Gear for more than 10 years and finally ordered a helmet from Cycle Gear online because they didn't have any in their stores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

You do not say if your Spyder has a GPS. If it has one and you do not have a Kradellock it is worth the peace of mind when you have to make a quick stop and don't want to take it, the GPS, off, lock it up, etc. If you can screw in a light bulb you can install a Kradellock.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    A few bucks I agree, but when the dealer charges 40-100% more for the same thing, then they can suck it.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)