Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder RT-S owner- need advice

I want to keep my RT-S looking new. I been talking to people about what products they use to keep the spyder clean. Heres what I need to know the products you uise to keep it spotless and what products you keep with you at all times.... I have been told about Plexus plastic cleaner, Cycle care formula 22 and a buddy that has a flat black victory uses Meguiars interior detailer on the whole bike....other ideas? especially the windshield.....Thanks in advance
    2016 RT-S , white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    I want to keep my RT-S looking new. I been talking to people about what products they use to keep the spyder clean. Heres what I need to know the products you uise to keep it spotless and what products you keep with you at all times.... I have been told about Plexus plastic cleaner, Cycle care formula 22 and a buddy that has a flat black victory uses Meguiars interior detailer on the whole bike....other ideas? especially the windshield.....Thanks in advance
    CONGRATS on your new wheels! Speaking strictly of every-ride washing, I keep distilled water in a small spray bottle for cleaning my windshield (our well water is full of minerals and particulates), and I only use a micro fiber cloth for drying it. For the whole trike, I just hose her down, using a special sponge for "scrubbing", followed by micro fiber cloths. On the rare occasion that I use soap, it's just a drop or two of "natural, no harsh chemicals" dish detergent applied directly to my sponge. As others have pointed out, however, I should be using proper vehicle soap. Our dirt roads can cake on some pretty tough mud, but just plain water usually works just fine for me. As far as what I keep on board all times; several micro fiber cloths and my drinking (well) water in my handlebar bottle for emergency spot cleaning my windshield. Enjoy your Spyder!

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Honestly: don't let this drive you NuTz!
    Bugs are gonna happen.. as will road grit and grime, mud-puddles... and even the occasional bird-poo.
    Wash it with whatever you'd use on your car, and you'll never hurt it!
    But enjoy getting it dirty!!

biker.jpg

If it's always clean: it hasn't been ridden enough!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Zaino products

I personally like Zaino Brothers products (http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc) for paint/chrome polishing and touch-up. I mainly use Z5 for polish and Z6 for a quick cleanup. Z8 is outstanding, but I find I have to mix it 50/50 with distilled water. You can use coats of Z2 and Z5 if you want to work harder. The result is terrific, but Z5 alone is fine for me. A little goes a long way! I find Plexus the best for the windshield. Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Cycle care cleaners. Make quick spray... wax... and others. Sold a 10 year old gold wing that shined like new. Only used their products on it. Using it now on my spyder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Bugs are gonna happen. I use a half and half mixture of water and Hydrogen Peroxide with a few drops of dish soap in it, in a spray bottle. Makes the bugs fizz and dissolve, wipe clean with a micro fiber cloth, then polish with Plexis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

You have a good looking , I use Lamonster spray cleaners on
    my ....even after I wash her after getting her filthy riding her.....my '14 still looks like new.
    " My Serenity "......2017 Spyder F3T....Silver Gray in color,Red dragon on Celtic cross on frunk,Blade wheels,Spyderpops bumpskid,LED headlights and foglights,Lamonster heim joints,Lamonster powerpoint,F3 Spyder cuff, Lidlocks helmet lock,Lamonster air pack,Ron-jon sway bar,Sara Clark painted thin blue line and Sheriffs badge, Spyderpops LED strobe brake and rear turn signal lights, Lamonster gas cap, bluetooth.
    2017 F3T , silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolphspyder View Post
    You have a good looking , I use Lamonster spray cleaners on
    my ....even after I wash her after getting her filthy riding her.....my '14 still looks like new.
    can imagine that the black is pretty tough sometimes too keep it looking clean ... good job on that jut in it`s self ..

Spyder Garage

PLEDGE--good old household pledge works wonders on windshields and entire body as well. It fills in the tiny swirls and scratches on the W/S and really works great on bugs. I have used it for years on airplane canopy's, motorcycles and Spyders.

It also is much less to purchase. I alternate between plexus and pledge on my windshields.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Best way to dry your spyder is using a leaf blower! It drys out all the nooks and crannies fast!!
    2015 SE6 SS

Elka Stage 2 front and rear shocks
    Lamonster Web Pegs
    General Altimax RT43 Rear Tire
    Lamonster LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Baker Wings
    Bajarons Sway Bar & Links
    Custom Dynamics Fender, Bright Sides and HMT Brake Lt
    Zumo 590
    CB
    Spyder Mudflap
    Lamonster drink holder
    Foam Grips
    Billet Axle Covers
    Stebel Air Horn
    SpyderPops Bumpskid
    SpyderPops belt guard
    SpyderPops Kotte Grills
    TriCLED LED Driving lights
    Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Default I have used...

Quote Originally Posted by RedRTS View Post
    Cycle care cleaners. Make quick spray... wax... and others. Sold a 10 year old gold wing that shined like new. Only used their products on it. Using it now on my spyder...
    ...a Honda spray product for several years on my former ride - a 2003 Durango Red VTX. I used it on the body, the chrome, the windshield, but NOT the seat. Didn't want to slide off in a fast turn! I did use it on leather saddle bags. It worked very well and left a light wax-like shine. It also repelled water during rain and helped keep bugs from sticking so tight.

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

There are many good products. What I did was ask the dealer what they used in the showroom because all the different bikes looked great. They just use a can of Honda Polish. I use it on everything except the black panels, seat and wheels/tire. On all painted parts, chrome, windshield even my helmet and faceshield. Always have a can in my trunk.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Honda Polish is also markets as Original Bike Spirits. Also use Merlin's Blood to clean the rims.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Honestly: don't let this drive you NuTz!
    Bugs are gonna happen.. as will road grit and grime, mud-puddles... and even the occasional bird-poo.
    Wash it with whatever you'd use on your car, and you'll never hurt it!
    But enjoy getting it dirty!!

biker.jpg

If it's always clean: it hasn't been ridden enough!

Spyder Garage

I use Purple Slice. However, I've found if I spend all my time trying to keep my RT spotless, I have very little time for riding.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ceyer69 View Post
    Best way to dry your spyder is using a leaf blower! It drys out all the nooks and crannies fast!!
    Best (and most fun) way to dry your spyder is 60 MPH
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

I don't spend much time cleaning while on trips (other than windshield). When I get home I will use a good car wash soap and soft brush. Dry off with towel and it looks great.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners