Thread: VIN Number?

Spyder Garage

Default VIN Number?

Could someone tell me the sequence of letters & numbers run on my 2012 RT Please? I sent BRP an email about a recall that hadn't been done on my 2012RT and they were very nice in their email reply but said the vin # I sent them was not correct. It looks like it's 2BXJBWC11CU000306 are those all numbers after the CU? Thanks
    Last edited by Tomline; 01-06-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: providing additional information

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

VIN Location.jpg
    Look on the left side of your swingarm: that's the easiest place to find it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder not available at this time

Thanks for the info Bob ,but my Spyder is currently in climate controlled storage some miles away right now. I thought the vin for the Spyder would be like a car vin, number number digit digit number number and so on and I could get the correct vin that way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tomline View Post
    Thanks for the info Bob ,but my Spyder is currently in climate controlled storage some miles away right now. I thought the vin for the Spyder would be like a car vin, number number digit digit number number and so on and I could get the correct vin that way.

It looks like it's 2BXJBWC11CU000306 are those all numbers after the CU?
    Look on your registration and/or insurance paperwork. Your VIN should be on both of those documents. If your paperwork is on your bike, contact your insurance man. He'll have the VIN.

The last six numbers are usually the sequential number of the bike coming off the line. The first 11 numbers tell where it was built, model, engine, year, etc.
    Last edited by Copperman; 01-06-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Look on your registration and/or insurance paperwork. Your VIN should be on both of those documents. If your paperwork is on your bike, contact your insurance man. He'll have the VIN.

The last six numbers are usually the sequential number of the bike coming off the line. The first 11 numbers tell where it was built, model, engine, year, etc.

Good quick way I keep mine handy for that & to help verify if I need BRP roadside assistance. Fyi that is the first thing they ask!

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since the bike isn't available: call your insurance agent... they have it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

The last six digits are all numbers. Also agree you can confirm on your insurance and registration....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tomline View Post
    It looks like it's 2BXJBWC11CU000306 are those all numbers after the CU? Thanks
    Those would all be numbers. The letter o is not used in VINs to avoid cofusion with zero.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Interesting note...I bought my 2012 in Texas used. It has the vin number on title but not the engine number. California requires they verify engine and vin numbers. I had to make appt at highway patrol to have them verify engine number. Appointment was three months out because verification office only open one day a week. Independent verification places said they would not remove body panels to obtain engine number. Stuck going to chp location. This sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vinsanity666 View Post
    Interesting note...I bought my 2012 in Texas used. It has the vin number on title but not the engine number. California requires they verify engine and vin numbers. I had to make appt at highway patrol to have them verify engine number. Appointment was three months out because verification office only open one day a week. Independent verification places said they would not remove body panels to obtain engine number. Stuck going to chp location. This sucks.
    Why don't you remove the panels? The EIN is on the back side of the engine under the exhaust pipe.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD