Spyder Garage

Default Custom Dynamics Givi Bag LED versus Admore V35 SIDE CASE – LED BI-COLOR KIT

2014 ST Limited.

I see that at least one poster installed Custom Dynamics Give Bag LED lights. I have been looking at Admore's LED bi-color kit.

The Admore package is pricier, but also has amber turn signal LED's and red stop LED's as opposed to the Custom Dynamics red only LEDs.

• Has anybody installed the Admore package?
    • Did you compare pros and cons between Admore and Custom Dynamics?

Would appreciate any/all comments, please.
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Givi Bag LEDS

Very pricey - My choice would have been the Admore for functionality.
    After looking at both the Custom Dynamics Givi Bag LED lights and the Admore's LEDs I built my own.

Bought SuperBright LED strips on line.

Added the LED strips behind the saddlebag reflectors.
    Wired per the online Custom Dynamics Givi Bag LED installation instructions.
    Less than $10 in parts.

Spyder Garage

Default Givi Bag LED Turn Signals

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Very pricey - My choice would have been the Admore for functionality.
    After looking at both the Custom Dynamics Givi Bag LED lights and the Admore's LEDs I built my own.Bought SuperBright LED strips on line.Added the LED strips behind the saddlebag reflectors. Wired per the online Custom Dynamics Givi Bag LED installation instructions.
    Less than $10 in parts.

WOW! But don't the LED items require some kind of electrical "thing" that doesn't have the LED's flashing faster (or whatever) than the incandescent lights that feed the LED's?
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Givi Bag LEDs

Good question.
    What you are referring to is a load resistor that is used (needed) when you replace the incandescent bulbs with LEDs.
    If you hook into the taillight or brake light circuit and keep the incandescents operating in parallel with the LEDs and no resistor is needed.
    I connected into the wires where the trailer isolater hooks into the rear light circuit.

It all depends on what your lighting needs are as to how the wiring is accomplished.
    Do you need to individually augment your Taillights? Turn signals? Brake lights? Or everything at once?

Admore and Custom Dynamics has circuitry to meet different levels of these needs. I believe they come with all the wiring instructions and connectors. As with the lights I built my own cheap brake an synch circuits.

The Spyder ST is woefully poor in rear lighting. I want as much red to the rear as possible.
    For me, my needs are Turn Signal, Tail lights and Brake lights. All from a set of (18) LEDs in each bag. i didn't add any amber lights, just made the reds flash for turn signals.
    I added a few cheap and simple components to get everything isolated from the CANBUS and in synch with my front TRICled fender LEDs.