Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

If your Tall Boy windshield is too high why not trim it down to fit.

Use a couple layers of masking tape, draw the top curve to fit your height.
    Jig saw with a plastic blade. Then us a file to clean up and radius the raw edge.
    Finish polish with 0000 steel wool.

I have cut a lot of windshields with this method.

The finish looks better than the stock windshield.

2015 Red Pearl RT-S
    EXO2 heated Vest/Gloves
    BAJARONS sway bar
    TricLEDS side markers
    Xenon Depot LED Head & Fog Lights\
    Missing Belt Guard
    Bump Skid
    M2 Shocks front/rear
    Russel Day Long heated seat

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default MadStad

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.18599/.f
    and we are offering a 15% discount to Forum members. If you are looking for the most in comfort and adjustment then you won't find a better System than the MadStad Adjustable Windshield System.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadStad Engineering View Post
    and we are offering a 15% discount to Forum members. If you are looking for the most in comfort and adjustment then you won't find a better System than the MadStad Adjustable Windshield System.

Thanks everyone. The Tall Boy isn't too tall. Just not wide enough or tall enough. Looking at the 4custom site. I still have my stock mounts, so it shouldn't be an issue. Have called Madstad but still haven't received a call back. I like the looks of both, but the Madstad would be easier to mount, since I wouldn't have to re-install the stock mounts. At any rate, THANK YOU to all who took the time to help me. Have been looking since June. Came here and got the help I needed. By the way, I've figured out what kind of bike I have. It's a 2016 F3-Limited special series "S". Flat black. Death gripped it for about 200 miles before I figured how to let go. I look cooler than I really am, when I'm on it.

greg
    Vietnam Veteran
    Danang AB
    Security Police

Spyder Garage

The Limited SS is such a good looking ride, Greg........I've got a red Limited, but I'm sooooo cool I make IT look cooler .
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default madstad

Hi Greg,

Sorry that you missed us here at MadStad. I have checked our voice mail system and can not find your call.
    So if you would please call me at my direct line and ask for Jerry 352-848-3056. I will be happy to take care of any and all questions
    that you may have.

Spyder Garage

Hi Greg;

I have the same issue with the Tall Boy I have installed. If you could keep us posted as to what you decided and how it came out. FYI I LOVE MY F3 Limited.

Thanks
    Bill

2016 Spyder F3 Limited Special Series

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Badco149;1215427]Hi Greg;

I'll get back when I get it installed. The tall boy was only 23 inches across at the bottom (with the tall boy mounts in the same "stock" mount position. The only difference was that the tall boy mounts were bigger. Windshield was the same width, but it dropped down to 14 inches across at the top and was 20 inches tall. I see that Madstad sent a message for me to call, so I'll check with them first. Still have the stock mounts, but seems like it would be easier to take the tall boy shield off and the mounts, and use what Madstad has. Taking a tape measure and measuring up from the gas cap, the tall boy shield is about 19-20 inches to the bridge of my nose. (I prefer to look over the shield). I'll let you know after I talk to them. Still have to figure out the tint part too. Seems like the darker would be better. Don't do much night driving. It's all about looking cool. When I was born, I had the choice to either be good looking or smart. Obviously there was another option somewhere!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Damn! Found this after I just ordered my windshield.

Why do I always find discounts after I order from a company? Only bought my MADSTAD less then a week ago.

Spyder Garage

Hi all, hey I'll buy your tall boy brackets from you. I also just purchased a 2016 f3t special, have the tall boy windshield but no brackets for the 5 1/2 in holes verses the standard 3 1/2. If anyone has any to part with it would be appreciated. BRP will not sell separately.

Spyder Garage

Man, I just bought the MadStad for my F3L. I wish I would have known about the discount. I do love the windshield though. It is great that you can adjust it. I adjust regularly depending on temperature and if I have a passenger (i.e. more protection vs. more wind therapy).

Spyder Garage

Oops, I guess I should check the posting dates before replying. Sorry.