Spyder Garage

Default Reply with quote space bar doesn't work

When I use the "Reply with quote" in this forum the space bar doesn't work when using a laptop. Anyone else have this problem or a fix for it?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I know it might not help you much, but in the last couple of weeks there has been at least one thread with quite a few posts discussing just this, and the fix for it!!

I'm sorry, but I can't recall what the thread was about, so it won't necessarily make searching for it any easier - but if you look thru all those threads with posts in them made during the last couple of weeks, you'll be sure to find it!!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I know it might not help you much, but in the last couple of weeks there has been at least one thread with quite a few posts discussing just this, and the fix for it!!

I'm sorry, but I can't recall what the thread was about, so it won't necessarily make searching for it any easier - but if you look thru all those threads with posts in them made during the last couple of weeks, you'll be sure to find it!!
    Sometimes a search actually works!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=space

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I just sent Lamont a PM to bring this to his attention.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Thanks all ... I did a search before posting but didn't find the thread. It is good to know it isn't just me.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

It has happened to many, and I find it happens more responding to a PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

Been dealing with it for some time now....interesting that it is only the space bar.... does work if you type above the quote or edit in preview....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Space Bar

Hell, I thought I was the only one. Wrote it off as Finge-Brain interface interference.

My wife said it was cause by Anal-Crainal interference.

Good Luck, I hope the answer is easy.

Spyder Garage

I've had the same problem for some time. Don't know if it is universal but it is annoying. I just type my reply in Word and copy/paste it here. Works for me.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just type a "." and hit return a few times. You can then us the spacebar.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    Just type a "." and hit return a few times. You can then us the spacebar.
    Howaboutthat!

. How about that!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I've had the same problem for some time. Don't know if it is universal but it is annoying. I just type my reply in Word and copy/paste it here. Works for me.
    I have no idea what the reason may be, but I don't think I've ever seen the problem. I use Firefox and an old style IBM keyboard. I wonder which, if either, is the reason I don't see the problem!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I have no idea what the reason may be, but I don't think I've ever seen the problem. I use Firefox and an old style IBM keyboard. I wonder which, if either, is the reason I don't see the problem!
    OK, I'm now using Internet Explorer 10 and my old style keyboard. Space bar hasn't missed a space yet!

You guys who are having problems, are you using a wireless keyboard? I wonder if that may be the cause.

Oh, I also am still using Win 7. Maybe I'll switch to the Win 10 partition and see that makes a difference.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I don't understand.

Why u would use space bar. Everyone still using keys. No mouse or pointer touch screen

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    I don't understand.

Why u would use space bar. Everyone still using keys. No mouse or pointer touch screen
    I trust you're kidding, right? For text entry old technology is still best! I'll do short text entries on my tablet, but for real typing I come back to my PC and keyboard. And I'm doing this with Firefox and Windows 10 and my old style IBM keyboard. And I'm not having any space bar misses! I'm beginning to think it's the newer technology for keyboarding that's causing the fits! Newer ain't always better! When it comes to typing ease I've yet to see a keyboard made in the last 5 to 10 years that is as good as this IBM keyboard. This one is new enough that the IBM on it is just the brand, not the mfgr. And it has a Windows key even, and was made in China!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I trust you're kidding, right? For text entry old technology is still best! I'll do short text entries on my tablet, but for real typing I come back to my PC and keyboard. And I'm doing this with Firefox and Windows 10 and my old style IBM keyboard. And I'm not having any space bar misses! I'm beginning to think it's the newer technology for keyboarding that's causing the fits! Newer ain't always better! When it comes to typing ease I've yet to see a keyboard made in the last 5 to 10 years that is as good as this IBM keyboard. This one is new enough that the IBM on it is just the brand, not the mfgr. And it has a Windows key even, and was made in China!
    WHAAAAAAAT!!!!

Technology is great. You text bet not

Spyder Garage

Pain in the butt. It is the same on my wireless keyboard and wired, Chrome or IE. I type by braile, looking only at the keys, so I can get pretty far before I remember this is the ONLY site this happens on.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

I have it happen in Chrome about 75% of the time.

Mozilla works fine.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OK, I'm now using Internet Explorer 10 and my old style keyboard. Space bar hasn't missed a space yet!

You guys who are having problems, are you using a wireless keyboard? I wonder if that may be the cause.

Oh, I also am still using Win 7. Maybe I'll switch to the Win 10 partition and see that makes a difference.
    I'm using Win 7, and IE-11; but with a wireless keyboard.
    Most of the problems that I have seem to be a unique glitch in my system: I back out and take a second run at it, and it works.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I've had the issue myself. It is a browser issue and updates seem to have fixed mine. I use Firefox with no issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I've had the issue myself. It is a browser issue and updates seem to have fixed mine. I use Firefox with no issues.
    Ifthatwasthecase,whydoesmyIEANDChrome,butfullyupto date,dothis?Ihave no issues with any other forum or web site.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)