Thread: HeadSet

Spyder Garage

Default HeadSet

Not sure which one to go with maybe some input will help decide.. I have been looking at the Sena SMH10D-10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset / Intercom but not sure if this is the best way to go. Any ideas guys?
    Thanks Phil..

Spyder Garage

I have no experience with any other head set except the Sena SMH 10 but I like it. It does everything I want it to.

What do you want it to do?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Can't beat smh10 , have a pair, user friendly love the phone feature

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Moving up from the Sena smh10 to the Sena 20S is BIG step up. Much easier to hear with the active noise cancelation tech as well as the audio multitasking functions. Also MUCH improved range and battery time.

In pairs, there is currently no other headset out there that can compare to what Sena has done with the 20S. For larger groups, Sena is still working the issues......but none of the competition has it figured either.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

How does the Scala Rider g9x radios compared to Senate radios? I have only been using the scala for a short time so I have no other experience. The VOX is my favorite feature does everthing else needed for a better ride, even riding alone I use my scala for music and the cell phone. Everything is remote to by the iPhone or Android apps. Easily connect to other radios and riders to I think...maybe some of the senior riders might be able to fill in the blanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I have no experience with any other head set except the Sena SMH 10 but I like it. It does everything I want it to.

What do you want it to do?
    I have hearing problems and need something with elevated volume and would like to be able to talk to the wife and stream audio.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Moving up from the Sena smh10 to the Sena 20S is BIG step up. Much easier to hear with the active noise cancelation tech as well as the audio multitasking functions. Also MUCH improved range and battery time.

In pairs, there is currently no other headset out there that can compare to what Sena has done with the 20S. For larger groups, Sena is still working the issues......but none of the competition has it figured either.
    Seen the price of the SM20 "WOW" especially since I need two.. Wife and I.
    1. Would this be worth the difference in cost?
    2. How long does the battery in the SM10 last and the life of the battery in the SM20?
    Thanks Phil..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rkba101 View Post
    Seen the price of the SM20 "WOW" especially since I need two.. Wife and I.
    1. Would this be worth the difference in cost?
    2. How long does the battery in the SM10 last and the life of the battery in the SM20?
    Thanks Phil..
    Since
    you mentioned you have hearing trouble, yes, the 20S would work much better for you. Its not so much that its louder, its that the background noise and ambient noise is taken away so the effect is that the conversation is MUCH easier to hear.

Our SMH10 units would go about 6 hours on a charge and that got less and less over the 2 years we used them. The 20S units will go nearly 2 full days of riding, about 20 hours continuous use. We never run out of power on full days traveling as long as we charge each night. They also charge much faster, about 2 hours. If you watch for sales, you can get a pair of 20S units for less than $400.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Since
    you mentioned you have hearing trouble, yes, the 20S would work much better for you. Its not so much that its louder, its that the background noise and ambient noise is taken away so the effect is that the conversation is MUCH easier to hear.

Our SMH10 units would go about 6 hours on a charge and that got less and less over the 2 years we used them. The 20S units will go nearly 2 full days of riding, about 20 hours continuous use. We never run out of power on full days traveling as long as we charge each night. They also charge much faster, about 2 hours. If you watch for sales, you can get a pair of 20S units for less than $400.
    Thanks..Will start watching for the SM20... Need the Dual ofcourse. Will be nice to understand whats coming from the speakers.

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not sure what prices you are seeing or where you are looking at price. If you have not, you should check on the price from MotorcycleDave , a vendor/sponsor on this forum. He will have the best price you will find.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cognaccruiser View Post
    Not sure what prices you are seeing or where you are looking at price. If you have not, you should check on the price from MotorcycleDave , a vendor/sponsor on this forum. He will have the best price you will find.

Gary
    Where is his tab? I dont see it on the homepage? Thanks Phil..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rkba101 View Post
    Where is his tab? I dont see it on the homepage? Thanks Phil..
    http://www.motorcycledave.com/
    Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

FWIW, I just talked to Dave yesterday and he was extremely helpful and informative. Ended up ordering a 10S, which is a significant upgrade over the 10 but much cheaper than the 20S. (He said that's what he's using himself too.). I second cognac cruiser's recommendation.
    Last edited by Questions; 12-31-2016 at 07:27 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default look

look on amazon for motorcycle intercom headsets and read the reviews on several different kinds of sets. You don't have to pay a fortune
    for them to get a good set. there are good ones out there for less money. So you don't have to mortgage the house to buy one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trucker1 View Post
    look on amazon for motorcycle intercom headsets and read the reviews on several different kinds of sets. You don't have to pay a fortune
    for them to get a good set. there are good ones out there for less money. So you don't have to mortgage the house to buy one.
    There
    are none that compare in use and sound quality to what Sena is doing now. Not even close. Most reviews are meaningless as the reviewer is not familiar with the alternatives. Sena has some issues still, but in pairs, there are none better. They just work. Every time you turn them on. No fiddling. Turn them on and go.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I have two sets. One for half helmet and the other set for three quarter. No problems at all.