Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Goldwing F6B Trike

Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

A very nice "looking" machine. I have always liked the F6B version and have been very tempted.

Control issues (not a reverse trike) would be a concern. Most commentary indicates that they are much harder to drive because of having to wrestle with the handlebars.

Safety issues. The reverse trike seems to have more going for it safety wise.

I believe the warranty is nullified and the local dealer will not work on a "triked" wing--period. I did not check out the article to find whether or not this was a "factory" offering. That would change warranty and service issues.

The entry level price is about $10K less that a decked out RT for the basic bike. I would not consider a "triked" version.

I hate to say it, but I have been looking at "big iron" again, once my hip issues are solved. Linda will still have a Spyder (the 2014 RT-S), but I may have a new ride. Among the candidates, the F6B ($20K) and the Kawasaki Vaquero ($17K).
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-27-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gee... It's just like a GoldWing; only without all of the really cool storage and touring capability!
    So what's the point?
    This one doesn't "float my goat" at all...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Gee... It's just like a GoldWing; only without all of the really cool storage and touring capability!
    So what's the point?
    This one doesn't "float my goat" at all...
    Yup! All the stuff from the GW except for the touring trunk which to me, makes the rig a bit top heavy. I still like the performance and quiet of the 1800 x 6 GW engine. I do like the F3 versions of with the bags and less the $2K touring trunk. A very nice package indeed--but prepare to spend about $30K.

The Vaquero is also appealing but has the 2 cylinder 1700cc engine version. The $17K price point is nice though.

All this is a bit of "brainstorming" at the moment. I like to look around, and cycles and are still my passion. Got to keep busy while I am on temporary vacation from the university.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

D,
    If I had known that you were on vacation; I'd have played a song for you!
    What the Hell!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

Gotta give it some points for looks but still as I always say....ya'll know....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's a Motor Trike conversion. See the front side of the fenders in the video. As far as warranty that's probably a dealer decision. The local Honda dealer here will take care of all warranty work related to the OEM part of the bike and sends them to the converter for anything related to the conversion.

Without looking at the detail specs I'm thinking the engine, although a flat six like the 'wing, is slightly different design. I know the Valkyrie engine was a bit different. My understanding when the F6B was brought out that it is aimed at a younger sportier crowd than the typical GW buyer.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

i like that
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Not bad looking!
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC