Spyder Garage

Default Starting problems

2013 ST Base Model

The last 2 times out I have had problems starting my spyder. When I start it in the bike shed no problems. After riding it, today about 3 miles I stopped turned it off came back after about 5 minutes. Nothing when I push the starter button. No noise of any kind. Let it sit for a few minutes and will eventually start. Yesterday same problem twice after a 15 mile ride both times. The last time I cleaned the battery posts and snugged the cables down tight it still took probably 5 minutes sitting there before it would start. All the lights and the control panel works. I have had the control panel to reset 3-4 times in the last month...battery going? Nothing new added since August. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sorry to here this, did you put STAR washers on the Batt bolts ???... also do you keep it on a Batt " MAINTAINER " the RT's have a parasitic batt. drain and seem to do a lot better if kept on a Maintainer .... I have an 11 RSS with original Batt and it starts and runs fine ....... also check all your GROUNDS for tight .... Merry Christmas ... Mike