Spyder Garage

Default recording music question...

Does anyone record from radio stations on the internet to place the music on your iPod or other device? Up until a few years ago I used to record from Pandora, and then I'd transfer to my iPod or thumb drive for use in the car. Pandora no longer has a record button. So, I'm looking for alternative apps/software to record from Pandora for example. I'm okay with the sound from internet radio stations, and don't want to spend the money on iTunes for each song.

Spyder Garage

Default sound capture

Hi: You may want to try a sound capture app. Lots of free ones out there. They capture any sound from your sound card. Save the files in MP3 format and play on your devices. Hope this is helpful. Have a good one.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default This one is free....

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Does anyone record from radio stations on the internet to place the music on your iPod or other device? Up until a few years ago I used to record from Pandora, and then I'd transfer to my iPod or thumb drive for use in the car. Pandora no longer has a record button. So, I'm looking for alternative apps/software to record from Pandora for example. I'm okay with the sound from internet radio stations, and don't want to spend the money on iTunes for each song.
    Works with Windows or Mac. It's the one I have installed, although it may do way more than you need.

http://www.audacityteam.org

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post

Works with Windows or Mac. It's the one I have installed, although it may do way more than you need.

http://www.audacityteam.org
    That's the one I was going to suggest. One of the input options will be your system sounds. It's been a long time since I recorded any downloads. I'm thinking with the advances in Digital Rights Management (DRM) even Audacity may not be able to directly record a download as it's taking place. I don't have Audacity installed or I'd give it a try. If that is the case you can try connecting a jumper from the line out to the line in on your sound card. Use a Y splitter to keep your speakers connected. That approach will cause some degradation as the digital download is converted to analog and then back to digital.

As Olddood says there are other audio programs out there, but Audacity is one of, if not the, best free one out there.

Have you checked out other music services? I believe some of them will allow you to download tracks or albums. Don't know about pricing, if any, other than a monthly subscription fee. Pandora has the broadest selection of music from what I've found, but reviews I seen have stated that other services have larger libraries in particular genres such a rock music.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Sounds great but one problem is that apple keeps finding new ways to block non ITunes music So you may just have to find a MP3 & use the aux jack. Good luck

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Sounds great but one problem is that apple keeps finding new ways to block non ITunes music So you may just have to find a MP3 & use the aux jack. Good luck
    How long have they been doing that? The reason I ask is I have about 4000 songs on my two iPods, ripped off of CDs and installed on the iPod by iTunes. Not a single iTunes purchased song in the bunch!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    How long have they been doing that? The reason I ask is I have about 4000 songs on my two iPods, ripped off of CDs and installed on the iPod by iTunes. Not a single iTunes purchased song in the bunch!
    If an up to date itunes Did the transfer that does work. But transferring just mp3's (recorded not purchased) around as the OP was asking, that is a where the copyright issue comes into play & where the problem shows

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used windows Media Player to rip to MP3 format and onto my MP3 player..

Spyder Garage

Here's your answer.

I just did it using Firefox. Had to look for the Network button and had to right click on the track in the second window to get the "Save as" option, but it worked. It saves as mpeg format which loads into iTunes just fine. You do have to manually input the artist, album, etc. into the info box. Make sure to use the song title for the save as filename.

My iTunes is version 12.

2014 Copper RTS