Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Question re cell phone operation

I have a 2014 RT Limited and cannot get the cell phone to operate properly. I have the GPS (Zumo 660) paired to my iPhone 7 and have my headsets wired to the BRP 7 pin connector. The communication cable has also been installed. I get great reception with the am/fm audio function along with receiving GPS instructions, all through the headset.

Problem: When the bike is stationary, I can make a perfect call or receive a perfect call through the Bluetooth function of the GPS. However, when the bike is moving, I can still receive a call or make a call, but I cannot transmit and the caller cannot hear me.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what the problem may be?

I have ordered the Cell Phone Interface Kit (item 219400390) but don't know if this is the answer since the manual says that it is not needed if the communication cable is installed. ????? Now at a complete loss

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ken

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem, as the phone is paired to your GPS, so when you get a call, or want to call, you have to talk to the GPS which will talk to your phone. I had to pair my phone to my helmet in order to use the phone. I hope that makes sense?

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

I sent you a PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    I had the same problem, as the phone is paired to your GPS, so when you get a call, or want to call, you have to talk to the GPS which will talk to your phone. I had to pair my phone to my helmet in order to use the phone. I hope that makes sense?

David
    Thanks, David. Yes it makes sense if you have the "wireless headsets." My headsets are "hard wired" from the headset to the audio system through a 7 pin connector and cannot be paired.

Ken

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kenr57 View Post
    Thanks, David. Yes it makes sense if you have the "wireless headsets." My headsets are "hard wired" from the headset to the audio system through a 7 pin connector and cannot be paired.

Ken
    Whata I was trying to say, is if you do not have a mike, then the only way to talk on your phone thru the GPS would be thru the mike on the GPS, Not very practical going down the road. I hope I am wrong, but that is how it worked on my RT, but my headsets weren't hard wired. Do you have a mike wired into your system?

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Default Cell issue

I am having the same issue on my 2015 RT S

Quote Originally Posted by kenr57 View Post
    I have a 2014 RT Limited and cannot get the cell phone to operate properly. I have the GPS (Zumo 660) paired to my iPhone 7 and have my headsets wired to the BRP 7 pin connector. The communication cable has also been installed. I get great reception with the am/fm audio function along with receiving GPS instructions, all through the headset.

Problem: When the bike is stationary, I can make a perfect call or receive a perfect call through the Bluetooth function of the GPS. However, when the bike is moving, I can still receive a call or make a call, but I cannot transmit and the caller cannot hear me.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what the problem may be?

I have ordered the Cell Phone Interface Kit (item 219400390) but don't know if this is the answer since the manual says that it is not needed if the communication cable is installed. ????? Now at a complete loss

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ken
    2015 SE6 SS

Elka Stage 2 front and rear shocks
    Lamonster Web Pegs
    General Altimax RT43 Rear Tire
    Lamonster LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Baker Wings
    Bajarons Sway Bar & Links
    Custom Dynamics Fender, Bright Sides and HMT Brake Lt
    Zumo 590
    CB
    Spyder Mudflap
    Lamonster drink holder
    Foam Grips
    Billet Axle Covers
    Stebel Air Horn
    SpyderPops Bumpskid
    SpyderPops belt guard
    SpyderPops Kotte Grills
    TriCLED LED Driving lights
    Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

I talked to Ken. He installed the cellphone interface cable and now it works. He has a little static but I think that's a ground issue.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Default Phone and GPS

I installed the cellphone interface link cable and it works great now! My dad had the same thing done but he has a hard time hearing the other person when he answers a call. Checked all his settings to match mine and the only way he can hear is turn the radio volume up when he get a call but then he gets annoyed by the radio playing when you quit talking. Must be an issue somewhere......
    2015 SE6 SS

Elka Stage 2 front and rear shocks
    Lamonster Web Pegs
    General Altimax RT43 Rear Tire
    Lamonster LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Baker Wings
    Bajarons Sway Bar & Links
    Custom Dynamics Fender, Bright Sides and HMT Brake Lt
    Zumo 590
    CB
    Spyder Mudflap
    Lamonster drink holder