Spyder Garage

Default You don't know what ya don't know..

I have an F3. I am 5'3", 103 lbs. I have read the posts, and now I wish I was able to do some things myself. Going to the dealer is always a shocking experience, not to mention costly! So that being said, the headlights are the only thing I don't like. The ride is great, this is my second spyder, and other than having to check the air pressure in the tires, (the back tire is a knuckle breaker) I just wash it and ride it. I was riding home from KY when I became aware of how lousy the lights are. I ended up using the high beams just so I could see far enough ahead. Visions of deers, and dogs ran through my head. Would the LED lights be better, and could a mechanic 101, me, do it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default For sure....

They would help as well as adding the fog lights. I believe the F3 is easier to work on and you should not have a problem but just to make sure check the site you want to purchase from for the instruction for installation. Some are easier than others. I ryde mostly back road which are in many cases pitch black so added driving lights and fog lights...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Having more lights means added safety.
    I just ordered Lamonster's fog lights/halo and LED headlights.
    They are worthwhile addition to any F3 IMHO.
    2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
    2016 Spyder F3T
    2014 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Indian Scout
    2014 Honda 300 Forza

Spyder Garage

Default Here is something helpful.

Another Forum was mentioned about the lights. His screenname is Mazo EMS2 (His credit): In my opinion and experience with LED's....they are meant to make you seen, but not really meant to improve your ability to see. That is why you see them on light bars on a lot of emergency, utility, contractor...etc...type vehicles, they need to be seen for safety reasons. As mentioned, they use lots less power and create a ton of visible light, but the light is highly dispersed and not focused. Probably a great upgrade for daytime riding, but probably not the best option for night time riding. All opinion of course....each has his own. Good luck with the swap. Sounds like a good winter project.

If you need to check the forum than here you go: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=light

Spyder Garage

ussoldier information is not what I expereance in real life. There is a vast inprovment in visable light on the road and further down the road than what the OEM bulbs provided.
    You will be impress with the LED conversion.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I replaced my RT's lights with LEDs, and haven't looked back!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

howdy neighbor

get some Fobo's which are a tire pressure monitoring system that allows you to check the tire pressures via your smartphone. I've had them for over a year and I highly recommend them.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I haven't used them on a spyder, but have on an Indian Roadmaster, and two other cages. IMHO they are a lot less focused than stock lights which for me meant realignment was required. The MC I did personally and had to raise the lights all the way to the top limit. Had the cages done at the dealership. I was happy with the LED's afterwards but they do need some help to be worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

More lites the better, more visibility the better. Take a look on 18 wheelers as if they need those lites. I'm sure you can figure out how to install them. Someone will help you out here.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

LED lights can be great, but it depends on the light and the reflector.

Mine is on the left, aftermarket. The one on the right is the factory low and park light. Both have LED aux lights.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Cool LED's Are Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by meljr View Post
    I have an F3. I am 5'3", 103 lbs. I have read the posts, and now I wish I was able to do some things myself. Going to the dealer is always a shocking experience, not to mention costly! So that being said, the headlights are the only thing I don't like. The ride is great, this is my second spyder, and other than having to check the air pressure in the tires, (the back tire is a knuckle breaker) I just wash it and ride it. I was riding home from KY when I became aware of how lousy the lights are. I ended up using the high beams just so I could see far enough ahead. Visions of deers, and dogs ran through my head. Would the LED lights be better, and could a mechanic 101, me, do it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I also have a F3 and experienced the same problem. I purchased LED headlights and fog lights from Lamonster Garage. Not only can I now see at night, but I can now be seen during the day. The difference between the stock lights and the Lamonster Garage LED is like night and day. They are amazing and are designed for a Spyder and do not cause any computer problems.

Spyder Garage

I replaced the stock lights on my rt, and i love them! Can be seen better, and i can see the road better! They reflect nicely on the road signs! Like the leds so much that i have them on my cars!