Spyder Garage

Default F3 T simple installation Garmin Zumo 660

All Bluetooth systems support only one registered connection at a time sooo you have to decide at any one time which bluetooth devise you want to use... no multiple connections. I just installed GarminZumo 660 complete motorcycle kit with everything you need for F3 T Amazon new $340 , forget all bluetooth stuff and very expensive BRP GPS mount & cable. Use RAM GPS motorcycle mount kit that comes with 660, tap & connect well marked user switched accessory power cable under left panel. Drill a small diameter hole in top center compartment that houses short OEM male MP3 cable... pass female MP3 cable from GPS mount into compartment & plug in MP3 connection. Load 660 SD card with tons (hours) of your favorite music, set radio to AUX, turn up volume (not too much, it has auto volume control) and enjoy your music that pauses for voice direction commands from trip routes. Voice command & music fidelity is outstanding and the music is yours... no commercials. How simple can you get. This set up will work exactly same for the very expensive Zumo 590 & BRP center mount kit which I don't recommend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

By BT Systems I will assume you mean BT wireless headsets. Your statement is not true. For example my Sena SMH10 headset is able to connect to 2 devices in HFP mode and 1 in A2DP mode at the same time. So depends on the spec for the device you are talking about. If I understand your statement correctly.

Connecting your GPS to the USB connector in the glove box will work and should work reasonably well. I would have connected to the dedicated GPS 3.5 mm connector in the rear, near the radio. That would have gave you all the same functionality you describe and left the USB connector in the glove box open for other devices. Newer Spyder models like yours have been setup to use the GPS as a music player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser37 View Post
    All Bluetooth systems support only one registered connection at a time sooo you have to decide at any one time which bluetooth devise you want to use... no multiple connections. I just installed GarminZumo 660 complete motorcycle kit with everything you need for F3 T Amazon new $340 , forget all bluetooth stuff and very expensive BRP GPS mount & cable. Use RAM GPS motorcycle mount kit that comes with 660, tap & connect well marked user switched accessory power cable under left panel. Drill a small diameter hole in top center compartment that houses short OEM male MP3 cable... pass female MP3 cable from GPS mount into compartment & plug in MP3 connection. Load 660 SD card with tons (hours) of your favorite music, set radio to AUX, turn up volume (not too much, it has auto volume control) and enjoy your music that pauses for voice direction commands from trip routes. Voice command & music fidelity is outstanding and the music is yours... no commercials. How simple can you get. This set up will work exactly same for the very expensive Zumo 590 & BRP center mount kit which I don't recommend.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default F3 T GPS update

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    By BT Systems I will assume you mean BT wireless headsets. Your statement is not true. For example my Sena SMH10 headset is able to connect to 2 devices in HFP mode and 1 in A2DP mode at the same time. So depends on the spec for the device you are talking about. If I understand your statement correctly.

Connecting your GPS to the USB connector in the glove box will work and should work reasonably well. I would have connected to the dedicated GPS 3.5 mm connector in the rear, near the radio. That would have gave you all the same functionality you describe and left the USB connector in the glove box open for other devices. Newer Spyder models like yours have been setup to use the GPS as a music player.
    Thanks billybovine for sharing your comments. I should have said "most bluetooth systems" my Cardo Q3 BT helmet com system can connect with additional inputs but it's not very stable as all my experience has been with BT systems. looking forward to BT 5 as being an improvement late?? next year... that should have happened years ago... we will see with open mind.

Thank you for the tip on additional 3.5mm connector on rear of 2016 F3 T radio. If I can find it I will use it before I drill the glove box. I haven't been there yet as my initial set up was temporary to be sure everything worked. I am finding there is slim to no info on F3-T's guess it will take take yeas before we see much about them... ST's & RT's rule. 😉 I plan to permanently install 660 in couple days. It would be a great help if you could send details and/or photos of additional 3.5mm connector before I dig in. Again thanks for comments that's how we all learn. 😄... look forward to your reply.
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

In this installation instruction. The location of the stereo connector and the 12V plug dedicated for the gps is shown.

http://instructions.brp.com/content/...0717,219400749

2018 F3 LIMITED