Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio Volume

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    My post indicated that I already know that.
    The question IS: When you do turn the speakers OFF, does the volume in the headset also go way down ??
    I can't remember right off hand what it's called, but there is an option in the audio screen to adjust headset volume between the front and rear. Check that and make sure the front headset setting is somewhere between 50 and 100%. Do you have a co-rider? If not, then adjust it all the way to 100%. Do all your adjustments with the speakers turned off, unless you really want to have them on at the same time you're using the headset.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I believe that if you have the radio on, and turn on GPS; you can mute the radio, but the GPS will still give you directions.

Not on my 2013 With 660 ill mute music @ gas pump & GPS has "recalculated" By time I'm back on my way & didn't hear it so, now I'm going wrong way! It really dont like it if the station is far from highway either.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CrashDavis View Post
    I turn the volume down to the last stop before off.
    It is SO easy to overlook things like that which should be obvious.

THANK YOU. I will try that and see if it makes a difference with the wired headset.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post

Not on my 2013 With 660 ill mute music @ gas pump & GPS has "recalculated" By time I'm back on my way & didn't hear it so, now I'm going wrong way! It really dont like it if the station is far from highway either.
    The audio system was changed from 2013 to 2014. With the 2013 the radio power is cut off during starting. Your GPS is getting its power from the radio which is probably why it resets after gassing up. I didn't experience with my 2013 what you're describing as I use my Samsung tablet for a GPS and the power to it comes directly from the battery. On the 2014, and presumably all the newer Spyders, power to the radio stays on during starting.

It seems that sometimes, but not always, on my 2014 RT if the radio is muted when I start the Spyder the GPS audio is muted. But, after the GPS has sent an audio notification to the radio, I can mute the radio and the GPS audio continues to come through. The main audio volume controls all the audio coming from the radio, including the GPS. I have to make the radio volume is up sufficiently loud before I mute it or I won't hear the GPS audio. You can turn the GPS audio down with the GPS volume control, but you can't turn it up above the main volume setting.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is SO easy to overlook things like that which should be obvious.

THANK YOU. I will try that and see if it makes a difference with the wired headset.
    But then I realized that it will be only an experiment as turning the volume down like that will turn down my tunes in the headset too.......and that wasn't my objective.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I can't remember right off hand what it's called, but there is an option in the audio screen to adjust headset volume between the front and rear. Check that and make sure the front headset setting is somewhere between 50 and 100%. Do you have a co-rider? If not, then adjust it all the way to 100%. Do all your adjustments with the speakers turned off, unless you really want to have them on at the same time you're using the headset.
    Oops, I goofed. The option is "headset front" in the preferences/audio screen. It goes from -50% to +50%. It needs to be somewhere from 0 to +50% in order to hear the headset clearly. I have mine set to +50% since I ride solo all the time. In the preferences/audio/headset screen make sure you have mix selected, not off or mute.

I almost never have my speakers turned on. The only time I have a problem is if for some reason the volume out on my tablet gets turned down, even to about 80%. When that happens I can't hear the GPS commands at all.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

But then I realized that it will be only an experiment as turning the volume down like that will turn down my tunes in the headset too.......and that wasn't my objective.
    That's right! The only way to have full volume in your headset so you hear tunes and GPS, and not have the speakers blaring, is to go to preferences/audio/speakers and set them to off.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Large1 View Post
    Thanks Guys for the information. Never in my lifetime have I ever seen a Radio without an off switch.
    Now I am thinking "I have to keep this thing around just to see what else there is that does not make sense".
    As soon as this white stuff leaves I will be on it and enjoying my self shaking my head every time I think about it.
    One of my or should I say my wife complaints is the passagner can't raise or lower the volume on the radio. Only if you buy the extra cb helmet boom cable accessory can you do it.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In the preferences/audio/headset screen make sure you have mix selected, not off or mute.
    A couple of more things to try. Thank you.
    Does this really make a difference ?
    I would MUCH prefer to have the music muted when the CB "talks".

Spyder Garage

A couple of more things to try. Thank you.
    Does this really make a difference ?
    I would MUCH prefer to have the music muted when the CB "talks".
    Audio priority is GPS, CB, music. So, whenever you hit the PTT to transmit, or you receive a transmission, your music audio should mute automatically. But if your GPS sends you an instruction while you are receiving a CB transmission, the CB will get muted. That happened several times when my nephew & I were traveling to Homecoming. He'd be telling me something, or I'd be transmitting, and the GPS would say something. The CB transmission was killed momentarily. The GPS audio overrides the music audio also.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Audio priority is GPS, CB, music. So, whenever you hit the PTT to transmit, or you receive a transmission, your music audio should mute automatically.
    Always when transmitting, regardless of any other settings, but I think it will NOT mute the incoming CB audio if the setting is "MIX"; the music will just be reduced. That might be true of the GPS too......but haven't used it enough to know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    No you cannot turn off the radio,but you can turn off the external speakers. With your spyder parked, access the settings menu, scroll down to the audio menu,go over to the external speakers menu,go to the "On/OFF" menu and select "Off". You will then need either the Bluetooth headsets or the wired headsets that come with the CB/Intercom option to hear any thing.

Thank you. Just found this and finally figured out why my radio wasn’t working😎