Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation What happened to ISCI

I have seen some pictures of up-coming products for the spyder from ISCI, heard that any day now they will hit the market, but you go to their web site and you get the same o'l generic site with no info or links that go anywhere. I have heard some rumbles that indicate their pricing may be extremely high. ( as if they aren,t all that way--HA!)

Spyder Garage

We have not gone anywhere. We field tested some products last week at Thunder Beach and market tested some pricing on the floorboards with a few trusted individuals. We knew these folks had experience in the industry and wanted their opinion on some pricing before releasing the product to the public. The pricing was never final and it was just a sanity check of sorts. It was never an official released price. We still had one piece of the puzzle to complete on the floorboards that go on the manual shift Spyder that required some modification for the shifter. That should be completed today and our products should be complete next week. We wanted to roll out all of our products together, not just piece meal a part here or there. We are very close to that, but anytime a modification or design change comes up that makes the product better or more cost effective, we have implemented it. That has caused the delay. We feel it is better to wait a month or so and have a higher quality product, that through design changes can save some cost, than put something out there too quickly and have issues. Anyone who sat on our Spyder at Thunder beach and tested the handbrake, the sturdiness of our floorboards, or the convienence of our highway peg risers, knows why we waited to release our product. That is the most up to date response I can give and thank you for inquiring.

Spyder Garage

I think ISCI is doing this the RIGHT way. Unlike some vendors that come out with a new product too soon - only to keep tweaking it and fixing things with a 'new' improved model month after month - making you wish you had just waited in the first place.

IND7 did a good job too - people were chomping at the bit for their products - but they fine-tuned them before just throwing them onto the market. The end results have been great - they don't come out with an 'improved' CHAD system every month - they took the time and did it right the first time.

I also await the release of the ISCI products and think they will sell quite well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The end results have been great - they don't come out with an 'improved' CHAD system every month - they took the time and did it right the first time.
    I don't know about that if they did it right the first time some of us wouldn't be rounding the corners of our CHADS would we.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I don't know about that if they did it right the first time some of us wouldn't be rounding the corners of our CHADS would we.
    Well just thank goodness tat2r didn't get his hands on one with a sharpie and a saw. It would have been two inches high. (but nicely engraved)

Spyder Garage

Hope they rethink or fine tune thier price as well . I here the price fore the floor boards are about 1/12 the price of a new spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Venom21 View Post
    We have not gone anywhere. We field tested some products last week at Thunder Beach and market tested some pricing on the floorboards with a few trusted individuals. We knew these folks had experience in the industry and wanted their opinion on some pricing before releasing the product to the public. The pricing was never final and it was just a sanity check of sorts. It was never an official released price. We still had one piece of the puzzle to complete on the floorboards that go on the manual shift Spyder that required some modification for the shifter. That should be completed today and our products should be complete next week. We wanted to roll out all of our products together, not just piece meal a part here or there. We are very close to that, but anytime a modification or design change comes up that makes the product better or more cost effective, we have implemented it. That has caused the delay. We feel it is better to wait a month or so and have a higher quality product, that through design changes can save some cost, than put something out there too quickly and have issues. Anyone who sat on our Spyder at Thunder beach and tested the handbrake, the sturdiness of our floorboards, or the convienence of our highway peg risers, knows why we waited to release our product. That is the most up to date response I can give and thank you for inquiring.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    or melting them
    Oh man---that's cold.

Spyder Garage

or melting them

Spyder Garage

Sorry Lamonster, couldn't resist. I tried to clean the plastic screen on a cell phone with Goof-Off once, had similar results.....
    I had it coming.

One thing you'll find out about me is I not only share the cool things I do but the screwups too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The end results have been great - they don't come out with an 'improved' CHAD system every month - they took the time and did it right the first time.

I also await the release of the ISCI products and think they will sell quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    or melting them

Or sticking a Givi shield on them...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Sorry Lamonster, couldn't resist. I tried to clean the plastic screen on a cell phone with Goof-Off once, had similar results.....
    need more light I'm like a Moth now is that what I have to do to get a new cell phone